Making an Argyle Heart Wreath
Decorate for Valentine's Day with this handmade heart shaped wreath. This is a guide about making an argyle heart wreath
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you are looking for a fun new Valentine's day decoration, try making this wreath. It's easy to make and could be customized in many ways!
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 foam wreath
- 1 skein of yarn, grey
- 1 sheet pink felt (glittery or plain)
- 1 sheet red felt (glittery or plain)
- hot glue gun
- buttons, sequins, etc. (optional)
- Pull out a decent amount of yarn and cut it free of the skein. Then tie one end around the wreath tightly. Position the knot at the back of the wreath.
- Begin winding the yarn around the wreath, adjusting the yarn as you go, to remove any gaps so that the foam doesn't show through.
- If you get the end of your yarn and need more to finish the wreath, simply secure the end of yarn at the back of the wreath and tie on a new piece. Continue wrapping.
- Cut out a heart template, making a heart that is just begin enough to drape over the edge of the wreath. Cut them out and lay them on the wreath to test fit them and position them. Then hot glue them in place.
- to create the argyle look, attach the end of a piece of yarn to the back of the wreath with hot glue. Then bring the yarn around to the front, diagonally over a heart. NOTE: I recommend test wrapping the yarn, before gluing, to make sure it is positioned properly.
- Work your way around the wreath. You will be crossing over each heart on one side, then reversing direction to create the "X".
- Once you have crossed over each heart twice, secure the end of your yarn to the back of the wreath with hot glue.
- To create a hanger, cut a piece of ribbon the desire length. Loop it and glue the overlapped ends in place. Then hot glue the hanger to the back of the wreath.
January 29, 20130 found this helpful
This video shows you how to make a great decoration for Valentine's Day. If you are looking for a fun new Valentine's day decoration, try making this wreath.
It's easy to make and could be customized in many ways! View the full project here: Argyle Heart Wreath