Browsing: Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Float construction requires a lot of planning to successfully display your theme. This guide is about Christmas parade float ideas.

Trucks decorated for a Christmas parade
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

October 24, 2015 Flag

I need major ideas, I'm drawing a blank. I need ideas to decorate a soccer mom van, it's for a Christmas parade with the theme of fantasy. Our group is a medieval reenactment group. I have no idea what to do, please help if you can. Thanks.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would make it like a royal coach, with gold cardboard trim and a lot of satiny ribbon lengths. Put some recycled spring horses on the front and add ribbon reins. If possible, someone could walk beside holding reins, with fancy dressed people walking behind them

Read More Answers...

October 2, 2015 Flag

I need a idea for a float in a Christmas parade with the theme "Load the Sleigh". Please help, what can I use to load it? I want something different, a new theme, not just gifts and presents.

Thank you very much, books are a great theme. Debby

Read More Answers...

November 5, 2015 Flag

The Christmas parade is coming and we wanted to do a float with a library theme. Any suggestions?

Here's hoping this sparks some ideas: http://www.npr.org/2012/12/25/16753 ... s-in-its-annual-christmas-book-flood

November 4, 2015 Flag

I am a member of my children's elementary school PTO - our school is entering a float in the annual Christmas parade and the theme is "Holiday Glow". We have decided that we are going to incorporate "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and have all the children in the float wear red clown noses. The banner at the front of the float will read "Our Future's so Bright, you could even say it Glows!". I am seeking creative decorating ideas for the actual float to incorporate. Thanks!

If the parade at night, you could decorate with glow sticks. These are very inexpensive at Dollar stores. If it's daylight hours, maybe neon paints.

November 30, 2014 Flag

I need ideas for a smaller church float we have a nativity. The theme is Silver Jubilee Christmas! How do you keep Christ in Christmas in a silver jubilee?

By Tim C. from Moscow, ID

How about have the nativity with the heavenly hosts praising God, jubilant, saying, "Glory to God in the highest and on earth, peace, goodwill toward men!"

Read More Answers...

September 19, 2007 Flag

Our company will be in the annual Christmas parade and I am looking for a Locksmith-themed Christmas parade float... any ideas?!

HELP! These are locksmiths, and aren't too creative.

CHRISTY from ORLANDO, FL

We are having a Christmas night parade and we have boy scouts on our float. Do you have any ideas for a nice float?

Read More Answers...

October 26, 2009 Flag

I desperately need help in decorating a float. My club is a motorcycle club and last year we made a sled and painted it orange and black, we had a seat in there for Mr. and Mrs. Santa to sit in, then we had children sitting around.

This year the theme is : "A Storybook Christmas", and we would like some ideas on how to decorate the float, and maybe the motorcycles, they ride in front of the float that is being pulled by a pick-up truck. Thank you for your ideas. Ann

By Ann from Wytheville, VA

My first thought was, what are the most recognizable storybook characters? Perhaps riders could dress as Mother Goose, the bike could be her gander with a little imagination. Other riders could be other classic storybook characters like Winnie the Pooh and his bunch, or the Velveteen Rabbit. I don't know the modern storybook characters, but it's an idea. You can use whatever characters work best for you.

Read More Answers...

November 17, 2013 Flag

Our Christmas parade theme is "Santa's Everywhere". Our church wants to stick with the theme, but also convey the religious side of Christmas. Any ideas on how to combine the two?

By Will H.

If you are having the manger scene of Jesus's birth, you could have Santa kneeling presenting Jesus with a gift.

Read More Answers...

November 2, 2008 Flag

My Church is doing a float for our Christmas Parade. We thought of doing "Happy Birthday Jesus"! Can you give me any idea for making a birthday cake to go on the float and something else to go with it?

Sherry from Fayette, AL

Use a galvanized swimming pool upside down and decorated with crepe paper etc. Looked nice when we did it.

Read More Answers...

August 27, 2008 Flag

I need ideas for a Christmas parade float. The theme is Christmas' Past. We are a fifty+ women's club, so we want to tie it all together.

Christie from Phoenix. AZ

How about a tribute to the nurses of the American Red Cross. During many Christmas Celebrations through US history the American Red Cross created Christmas Celebrations for the men who were enlisted and away from home. It would be fun, easy enough to create and would honor the women who worked so hard... Plus you may be able to get the American Red Cross in your town involved!

Good luck!

Read More Answers...

November 18, 2011 Flag

I am looking for ideas on how to decorate kids and a float for a parade with the theme: A Season of Thanks.

Load More
Holidays and Parties Christmas MiscellaneousJanuary 8, 2013
4th of July Parade
4th of July Float Ideas
Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
St. Patrick's Day Parade Float
St. Patrick's Day Float Ideas
Blue Parade Float Skirt
Parade Float Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 25, 2016 at 10:21:32 PM on 10.0.1.90 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.