Browsing: Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Float construction requires a lot of planning to successfully display your theme. This guide is about Christmas parade float ideas.

Trucks decorated for a Christmas parade
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 27, 2016 Flag

We are doing a Christmas parade float with Care Bears. Our theme is "Caring is a commitment". We are a doctor's office. I have no ideas. Can you help?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 24, 2015 Flag

I need major ideas, I'm drawing a blank. I need ideas to decorate a soccer mom van, it's for a Christmas parade with the theme of fantasy. Our group is a medieval reenactment group. I have no idea what to do, please help if you can. Thanks.

Medieval fantasy conjurs up images of King Arthur, Robin Hood, knights fighting dragons .... Have fun!

October 2, 2015 Flag

I need a idea for a float in a Christmas parade with the theme "Load the Sleigh". Please help, what can I use to load it? I want something different, a new theme, not just gifts and presents.

How about books? Dozens and dozens of books. They represent learning, improved spelling and vocabulary in addition to stimulating our imagination and furthering our education. You'll likely be able to find a great many at local thrift stores.

In Iceland, if you're interested, books are a large part of their Christmas culture. Check it out? http://www.npr.org/2012/12/25/16753 ... s-in-its-annual-christmas-book-flood

November 5, 2015 Flag

The Christmas parade is coming and we wanted to do a float with a library theme. Any suggestions?

Here's hoping this sparks some ideas: http://www.npr.org/2012/12/25/16753 ... s-in-its-annual-christmas-book-flood

November 4, 2015 Flag

I am a member of my children's elementary school PTO - our school is entering a float in the annual Christmas parade and the theme is "Holiday Glow". We have decided that we are going to incorporate "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and have all the children in the float wear red clown noses. The banner at the front of the float will read "Our Future's so Bright, you could even say it Glows!". I am seeking creative decorating ideas for the actual float to incorporate. Thanks!

If the parade at night, you could decorate with glow sticks. These are very inexpensive at Dollar stores. If it's daylight hours, maybe neon paints.

September 19, 2007 Flag

Our company will be in the annual Christmas parade and I am looking for a Locksmith-themed Christmas parade float... any ideas?!

HELP! These are locksmiths, and aren't too creative.

CHRISTY from ORLANDO, FL

My husbands family own's the bowling alley in the town I live in and we are trying to decide on a theme for the parade. The theme they gave us is "A Golden Christmas" this is the 50th year this city has had its parade and does anyone have any ideas on what we can do with that and also get the advertisement out for the bowling alley as well.

November 30, 2014 Flag

I need ideas for a smaller church float we have a nativity. The theme is Silver Jubilee Christmas! How do you keep Christ in Christmas in a silver jubilee?

By Tim C. from Moscow, ID

You could maybe do the angel of the annunciation and make the angel silver?

October 26, 2009 Flag

I desperately need help in decorating a float. My club is a motorcycle club and last year we made a sled and painted it orange and black, we had a seat in there for Mr. and Mrs. Santa to sit in, then we had children sitting around.

This year the theme is : "A Storybook Christmas", and we would like some ideas on how to decorate the float, and maybe the motorcycles, they ride in front of the float that is being pulled by a pick-up truck. Thank you for your ideas. Ann

By Ann from Wytheville, VA

I see a variation of the little kid's book The Little Engine That Could. Make an open cover with plywood with a motorcycle replacing the train engine, and other cycles behind (this is for if you have an artist to call on). Hole in the middle for a cycle and driver to stick through. The lettering could say This Cycle Can or something better that you can think up in 10 seconds. If part of it is throwing candy, have kids or adults dressed in their cycle clothes. It would be cute (to me) to have some sort of bananas or banana fabric draping or decorating the sides. Have fun. When's the parade? I live in Bristol and love a good parade.

November 17, 2013 Flag

Our Christmas parade theme is "Santa's Everywhere". Our church wants to stick with the theme, but also convey the religious side of Christmas. Any ideas on how to combine the two?

Load More
Holidays and Parties Christmas MiscellaneousJanuary 8, 2013
4th of July Parade
4th of July Float Ideas
Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
Blue Parade Float Skirt
Parade Float Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 30, 2016 at 2:18:15 AM on 10.0.1.227 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.