Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Float construction requires a lot of planning to successfully display your theme. This guide is about Christmas parade float ideas.

November 3, 2016 Flag

I need help with ideas for our Christmas float with the theme Christmas Wishes. We are a church float; any suggestions?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could use a likeness of blowing a dandelion puff to make a wish. Or a falling star. Change these to a church theme.

August 27, 2016 Flag

We are doing a Christmas parade float with Care Bears. Our theme is "Caring is a commitment". We are a doctor's office. I have no ideas. Can you help?

The care bears and friend were all about team work. They are the colors of the rainbow, and thus one of the easier themes to do. If you can create the bear ears with pom-poms and decorate your scrubs with their symbols ( sunshine, melody, friendship logos) as well as create large band-aids that are rainbow colored, it should come across cute. The logo of your office can be included in the float or on the car/truck. Balloons, pompoms and actual care bears photos reinforced by thick card board or stock should be enough to complete the whole look. Tissue paper flowers, streams and fringe usually help with the decorations and a rainbow should round out the look...

October 24, 2015 Flag

I need major ideas, I'm drawing a blank. I need ideas to decorate a soccer mom van, it's for a Christmas parade with the theme of fantasy. Our group is a medieval reenactment group. I have no idea what to do, please help if you can. Thanks.

Medieval fantasy conjurs up images of King Arthur, Robin Hood, knights fighting dragons .... Have fun!

October 2, 2015 Flag

I need a idea for a float in a Christmas parade with the theme "Load the Sleigh". Please help, what can I use to load it? I want something different, a new theme, not just gifts and presents.

How about books? Dozens and dozens of books. They represent learning, improved spelling and vocabulary in addition to stimulating our imagination and furthering our education. You'll likely be able to find a great many at local thrift stores.

In Iceland, if you're interested, books are a large part of their Christmas culture. Check it out? http://www.npr.org/2012/12/25/16753 ... s-in-its-annual-christmas-book-flood

November 5, 2015 Flag

The Christmas parade is coming and we wanted to do a float with a library theme. Any suggestions?

Here's hoping this sparks some ideas: http://www.npr.org/2012/12/25/16753 ... s-in-its-annual-christmas-book-flood

November 4, 2015 Flag

I am a member of my children's elementary school PTO - our school is entering a float in the annual Christmas parade and the theme is "Holiday Glow". We have decided that we are going to incorporate "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and have all the children in the float wear red clown noses. The banner at the front of the float will read "Our Future's so Bright, you could even say it Glows!". I am seeking creative decorating ideas for the actual float to incorporate. Thanks!

If the parade at night, you could decorate with glow sticks. These are very inexpensive at Dollar stores. If it's daylight hours, maybe neon paints.

September 19, 2007 Flag

Our company will be in the annual Christmas parade and I am looking for a Locksmith-themed Christmas parade float... any ideas?!

HELP! These are locksmiths, and aren't too creative.

CHRISTY from ORLANDO, FL

My husbands family own's the bowling alley in the town I live in and we are trying to decide on a theme for the parade. The theme they gave us is "A Golden Christmas" this is the 50th year this city has had its parade and does anyone have any ideas on what we can do with that and also get the advertisement out for the bowling alley as well.

November 30, 2014 Flag

I need ideas for a smaller church float we have a nativity. The theme is Silver Jubilee Christmas! How do you keep Christ in Christmas in a silver jubilee?

By Tim C. from Moscow, ID

You could maybe do the angel of the annunciation and make the angel silver?

November 17, 2013 Flag

Our Christmas parade theme is "Santa's Everywhere". Our church wants to stick with the theme, but also convey the religious side of Christmas. Any ideas on how to combine the two?

By Will H.

I am glad you want to represent Christ in the parade! Here is a (bold) idea that can incorporate both and make people ponder about the real meaning of Christmas.

On your float, erect a cross. Have a man dressed as Santa kneeling at the foot of this cross in reverence, with his hat in his hand. It could have a banner that says something like: "Celebrate the REASON for the season. The baby that was born became the Savior of the world!"

This can represent that even our symbols of Christmas should not take precedence over the reason that Jesus came... to save us from our sins.

November 2, 2008 Flag

My Church is doing a float for our Christmas Parade. We thought of doing "Happy Birthday Jesus"! Can you give me any idea for making a birthday cake to go on the float and something else to go with it?

Sherry from Fayette, AL

Last year we built a big box (the size of our trailer), had a lid for it propped up on the box with a big bow on it, Then we put the manger scene as if it was what was in the box.  We built this all out of chicken wire and tissue.  Behind the gift box we had the cross with a crown of thorns and a purple cloth draped over it. 

In the front of the trailer, over the goose neck of the trailer, we had a huge Christmas Tree.  On the box we had a gift tag on each side which said, To: You, Love, God.  On the bottom of the trailer we had written: "God's Gift to you".  This year we want to add the world with the manger inside it and make it God's Gift To The World.  We are hoping to make the world turn.

August 27, 2008 Flag

I need ideas for a Christmas parade float. The theme is Christmas' Past. We are a fifty+ women's club, so we want to tie it all together.

Christie from Phoenix. AZ

How about a wartime christmas?

November 18, 2011 Flag

I am looking for ideas on how to decorate kids and a float for a parade with the theme: A Season of Thanks.

By Stacy

Pilgrims and Indians would be so fun!

http://www.ehow.com/way_5405816_parade-float-ideas.html

You could use things like hay, corn, turkeys, pumpkins, little pilgrim costumes and Indian costumes.

To this end I have included some virtual field trips to get a flavor of some of the characteristic of Thanksgiving that could be included in your float.

http://www.scholastic.com/scholastic_thanksgiving/webcast.htm

Have fun and many blessings, Robyn

Load More
Holidays and Parties Christmas MiscellaneousJanuary 8, 2013
4th of July Parade
4th of July Float Ideas
Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
Blue Parade Float Skirt
Parade Float Ideas
🎉
🎄