Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Float construction requires a lot of planning to successfully display your theme. This guide is about Christmas parade float ideas.

Trucks decorated for a Christmas parade
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I need major ideas, I'm drawing a blank. I need ideas to decorate a soccer mom van, it's for a Christmas parade with the theme of fantasy. Our group is a medieval reenactment group. I have no idea what to do, please help if you can. Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would make it like a royal coach, with gold cardboard trim and a lot of satiny ribbon lengths. Put some recycled spring horses on the front and add ribbon reins. If possible, someone could walk beside holding reins, with fancy dressed people walking behind them

Read More Answers...

The Christmas parade is coming and we wanted to do a float with a library theme. Any suggestions?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here's hoping this sparks some ideas: http://www.npr.org/2012/12/25/16753 ... s-in-its-annual-christmas-book-flood

I am a member of my children's elementary school PTO - our school is entering a float in the annual Christmas parade and the theme is "Holiday Glow". We have decided that we are going to incorporate "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and have all the children in the float wear red clown noses. The banner at the front of the float will read "Our Future's so Bright, you could even say it Glows!". I am seeking creative decorating ideas for the actual float to incorporate. Thanks!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If the parade at night, you could decorate with glow sticks. These are very inexpensive at Dollar stores. If it's daylight hours, maybe neon paints.

I need a idea for a float in a Christmas parade with the theme "Load the Sleigh". Please help, what can I use to load it? I want something different, a new theme, not just gifts and presents.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about books? Dozens and dozens of books. They represent learning, improved spelling and vocabulary in addition to stimulating our imagination and furthering our education. You'll likely be able to find a great many at local thrift stores.

In Iceland, if you're interested, books are a large part of their Christmas culture. Check it out? http://www.npr.org/2012/12/25/16753 ... s-in-its-annual-christmas-book-flood

I need ideas for a smaller church float we have a nativity. The theme is Silver Jubilee Christmas! How do you keep Christ in Christmas in a silver jubilee?

By Tim C. from Moscow, ID

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about have the nativity with the heavenly hosts praising God, jubilant, saying, "Glory to God in the highest and on earth, peace, goodwill toward men!"

Read More Answers...

Our company will be in the annual Christmas parade and I am looking for a Locksmith-themed Christmas parade float... any ideas?!

HELP! These are locksmiths, and aren't too creative.

CHRISTY from ORLANDO, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We are having a Christmas night parade and we have boy scouts on our float. Do you have any ideas for a nice float?

Read More Answers...

Our Christmas parade theme is "Santa's Everywhere". Our church wants to stick with the theme, but also convey the religious side of Christmas. Any ideas on how to combine the two?

By Will H.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you are having the manger scene of Jesus's birth, you could have Santa kneeling presenting Jesus with a gift.

Read More Answers...

I desperately need help in decorating a float. My club is a motorcycle club and last year we made a sled and painted it orange and black, we had a seat in there for Mr. and Mrs. Santa to sit in, then we had children sitting around.

This year the theme is : "A Storybook Christmas", and we would like some ideas on how to decorate the float, and maybe the motorcycles, they ride in front of the float that is being pulled by a pick-up truck. Thank you for your ideas. Ann

By Ann from Wytheville, VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My first thought was, what are the most recognizable storybook characters? Perhaps riders could dress as Mother Goose, the bike could be her gander with a little imagination. Other riders could be other classic storybook characters like Winnie the Pooh and his bunch, or the Velveteen Rabbit. I don't know the modern storybook characters, but it's an idea. You can use whatever characters work best for you.

Read More Answers...

My Church is doing a float for our Christmas Parade. We thought of doing "Happy Birthday Jesus"! Can you give me any idea for making a birthday cake to go on the float and something else to go with it?

Sherry from Fayette, AL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use a galvanized swimming pool upside down and decorated with crepe paper etc. Looked nice when we did it.

Read More Answers...

I am looking for ideas on how to decorate kids and a float for a parade with the theme: A Season of Thanks.

By Stacy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could ask the kids what they will be most thankful for this year, and have them make and hold a poster of what they tell you. Maybe the float could be dressed like an old fashioned dining room at Gran's house and the children could be sitting around the table.

Something else I'm seeing this year are Thanksgiving trees and I think it's a great way to remember what Thanksgiving is all about. The kids could wear a leaf shaped poster with their 'most thankful' written on it, and there could be a tree with construction paper leaves wired on, written with their most thankfuls.

Read More Answers...

I need ideas for a Christmas parade float. The theme is Christmas' Past. We are a fifty+ women's club, so we want to tie it all together.

Christie from Phoenix. AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about a tribute to the nurses of the American Red Cross. During many Christmas Celebrations through US history the American Red Cross created Christmas Celebrations for the men who were enlisted and away from home. It would be fun, easy enough to create and would honor the women who worked so hard... Plus you may be able to get the American Red Cross in your town involved!

Good luck!

Read More Answers...

I would like ideas for a Christmas Parade Float. The theme is "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree". We are a Baptist Church in town, so of course we would like something to do with church and/or Jesus in our themed float. Any ideas out there?

M. Head from Commerce, GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would like some ideas of a christmas float for our Church. The theme is Rockin around the Christmas Tree.

Read More Answers...

I need some ideas for a "Down Home Country Christmas" parade float, for an animal hospital, that won't be stereotypical. Any ideas?

By Angel C.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about a waiting room? We have two long "benches" in ours. Place several people on the benches (back to back, for viewing on both sides of the road) with live or stuffed animals,hay bales, find empty feed bags & stuff with a light filler or borrow a few bags of corn, sweet feed, dog food, a couple of "degrees" hung at strategic places, a low fence with harnesses, the possibilities are endless. Have loads of fun!

Read More Answers...

Our girls club at church is putting a float in our town's Christmas parade, and would like to do a Heaven theme. We're thinking lots of white, people dressed like angels, and then maybe a staircase with Jesus sitting at the top with a scepter and angels around him. Any other ideas or ways to pull this off?

Kate from Alberta, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you for your ideas! We're decorating tonight and the parade is tomorrow - hopefully all goes well! We have lots of quilt bats, glitter and lights...

Read More Answers...

I am a police sergeant in West Virginia and run a youth group of about 30 high school kids who want to go into law enforcement. We are going to march in the Christmas parade this year and for the first time they are allowing floats. We have decided to try to build the float, however I don't have the first clue as to what I'm doing. My first thought is to try to get some ideas of what to have on the float. The actual theme is "Christmas In The City", but I would like to incorporate the police department into the theme as well.

By Kendra

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sounds like fun! There is the old according tissue flowers, or cut squares of tissue paper in red end green put on the end of a pencil and glue it to cardboard tie it to a trailer put your city emblem in the middle. Would so love to see it Please post a picture.

I am looking for ideas for a Christmas float with the theme: Home for the Holidays. Please keep in mind we have more of a trailer than a flatbed for our float. It is kind of like the trailers gardeners use where the sides come up to about waist level. It will be holding the marimbas and mallet section for our band's drumline. I want ours to be really creative this year.

By Anthony

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A marimba? Hmm, sounds like a theme is already developing with your float:) Home is where the heart is, and music is the heart of a home-since you are using a marimba band, maybe your float should reflect the Christmas customs of the area the marimba comes from.

Read More Answers...

Does anyone have good ideas for a "Sounds of the Seasons" Christmas float?

Thanks,
          Aldona from Shellsburg

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

SOUNDS? HOW ABOUT BELL RINGERS AT THE MALL, CHRISTMAS MUSIC, LAUGHTER, MUSICAL TOYS ONLY FOUND AT CHRISTMAS TIME, POTS AND PANS BANGING TOGETHER FOR THE BIG FEAST, TURKEYS GAGGLE, MAYBE THESE WILL HELP. MAYBE NOT!

Read More Answers...

Does anyone have any Christmas parade theme ideas for my Girl Scout troop? I have never done a float by myself and now I need a theme! Can anyone help me please?

AnswerMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
          Load More
          Holidays and Parties Christmas MiscellaneousJanuary 8, 2013
          4th of July Parade
          4th of July Float Ideas
          Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
          St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
          St. Patrick's Day Parade Float
          St. Patrick's Day Float Ideas
          Blue Parade Float Skirt
          Parade Float Ideas
          © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 1:08:33 PM on 10.0.0.239 in 797 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.