Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Float construction requires a lot of planning to successfully display your theme. This guide is about Christmas parade float ideas.

Illustration of a Christmas book.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "A Storybook Christmas" float ideas. The theme of a Christmas parade opens the door to your creative side as you decide how to decorate your float using that concept.

Christmas float.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "12 Days of Christmas" float ideas. The popular poem and song of the same name offers lots of decorating ideas for a Christmas parade float.

Illustration of a house at Christmas.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "Home for the Holidays" Christmas parade float ideas. Ideas for a parade float based on this popular Christmastime song.

An old fashioned Christmas illustration of Santa in his sleigh.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "Old Fashioned Christmas" float theme. The theme for a Christmas parade is the starting place for deciding how to decorate your float.

A reindeer playing drums.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "Jingle Bell Rock" Christmas float ideas. Many organizations and businesses participate annually in Christmas parades around the country. Coming up with ideas to fit the parade theme can be difficult.

A photo of a girl scout.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Girl Scouts Christmas parade float ideas. Coming up with ideas for your troop's float for the upcoming Christmas parade can be tough.

This is a guide about "Story Book Christmas" themed float ideas. A popular Christmas parade theme is "Story Book Christmas".

November 3, 2016 Flag

I need help with ideas for our Christmas float with the theme Christmas Wishes. We are a church float; any suggestions?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could use a likeness of blowing a dandelion puff to make a wish. Or a falling star. Change these to a church theme.

August 27, 2016 Flag

We are doing a Christmas parade float with Care Bears. Our theme is "Caring is a commitment". We are a doctor's office. I have no ideas. Can you help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The care bears and friend were all about team work. They are the colors of the rainbow, and thus one of the easier themes to do. If you can create the bear ears with pom-poms and decorate your scrubs with their symbols ( sunshine, melody, friendship logos) as well as create large band-aids that are rainbow colored, it should come across cute. The logo of your office can be included in the float or on the car/truck. Balloons, pompoms and actual care bears photos reinforced by thick card board or stock should be enough to complete the whole look. Tissue paper flowers, streams and fringe usually help with the decorations and a rainbow should round out the look...

October 24, 2015 Flag

I need major ideas, I'm drawing a blank. I need ideas to decorate a soccer mom van, it's for a Christmas parade with the theme of fantasy. Our group is a medieval reenactment group. I have no idea what to do, please help if you can. Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Medieval fantasy conjurs up images of King Arthur, Robin Hood, knights fighting dragons .... Have fun!

I need a idea for a float in a Christmas parade with the theme "Load the Sleigh". Please help, what can I use to load it? I want something different, a new theme, not just gifts and presents.

How about books? Dozens and dozens of books. They represent learning, improved spelling and vocabulary in addition to stimulating our imagination and furthering our education. You'll likely be able to find a great many at local thrift stores.

In Iceland, if you're interested, books are a large part of their Christmas culture. Check it out? http://www.npr.  stmas-book-flood

November 18, 2011 Flag

I am looking for ideas on how to decorate kids and a float for a parade with the theme: A Season of Thanks.

By Stacy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Pilgrims and Indians would be so fun!

http://www.ehow  float-ideas.html

You could use things like hay, corn, turkeys, pumpkins, little pilgrim costumes and Indian costumes.

To this end I have included some virtual field trips to get a flavor of some of the characteristic of Thanksgiving that could be included in your float.

http://www.scho  ving/webcast.htm

Have fun and many blessings, Robyn

October 14, 2010 Flag

I am a police sergeant in West Virginia and run a youth group of about 30 high school kids who want to go into law enforcement. We are going to march in the Christmas parade this year and for the first time they are allowing floats. We have decided to try to build the float, however I don't have the first clue as to what I'm doing. My first thought is to try to get some ideas of what to have on the float. The actual theme is "Christmas In The City", but I would like to incorporate the police department into the theme as well.

By Kendra

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sounds like fun! There is the old according tissue flowers, or cut squares of tissue paper in red end green put on the end of a pencil and glue it to cardboard tie it to a trailer put your city emblem in the middle. Would so love to see it Please post a picture.

November 5, 2015 Flag

The Christmas parade is coming and we wanted to do a float with a library theme. Any suggestions?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here's hoping this sparks some ideas: http://www.npr.  stmas-book-flood

November 4, 2015 Flag

I am a member of my children's elementary school PTO - our school is entering a float in the annual Christmas parade and the theme is "Holiday Glow". We have decided that we are going to incorporate "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and have all the children in the float wear red clown noses. The banner at the front of the float will read "Our Future's so Bright, you could even say it Glows!". I am seeking creative decorating ideas for the actual float to incorporate. Thanks!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If the parade at night, you could decorate with glow sticks. These are very inexpensive at Dollar stores. If it's daylight hours, maybe neon paints.

September 19, 2007 Flag

Our company will be in the annual Christmas parade and I am looking for a Locksmith-themed Christmas parade float... any ideas?!

HELP! These are locksmiths, and aren't too creative.

CHRISTY from ORLANDO, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My husbands family own's the bowling alley in the town I live in and we are trying to decide on a theme for the parade. The theme they gave us is "A Golden Christmas" this is the 50th year this city has had its parade and does anyone have any ideas on what we can do with that and also get the advertisement out for the bowling alley as well.

November 30, 2014 Flag

I need ideas for a smaller church float we have a nativity. The theme is Silver Jubilee Christmas! How do you keep Christ in Christmas in a silver jubilee?

By Tim C. from Moscow, ID

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could maybe do the angel of the annunciation and make the angel silver?

November 17, 2013 Flag

Our Christmas parade theme is "Santa's Everywhere". Our church wants to stick with the theme, but also convey the religious side of Christmas. Any ideas on how to combine the two?

By Will H.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am glad you want to represent Christ in the parade! Here is a (bold) idea that can incorporate both and make people ponder about the real meaning of Christmas.

On your float, erect a cross. Have a man dressed as Santa kneeling at the foot of this cross in reverence, with his hat in his hand. It could have a banner that says something like: "Celebrate the REASON for the season. The baby that was born became the Savior of the world!"

This can represent that even our symbols of Christmas should not take precedence over the reason that Jesus came... to save us from our sins.

November 2, 2008 Flag

My Church is doing a float for our Christmas Parade. We thought of doing "Happy Birthday Jesus"! Can you give me any idea for making a birthday cake to go on the float and something else to go with it?

Sherry from Fayette, AL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Last year we built a big box (the size of our trailer), had a lid for it propped up on the box with a big bow on it, Then we put the manger scene as if it was what was in the box.  We built this all out of chicken wire and tissue.  Behind the gift box we had the cross with a crown of thorns and a purple cloth draped over it. 

In the front of the trailer, over the goose neck of the trailer, we had a huge Christmas Tree.  On the box we had a gift tag on each side which said, To: You, Love, God.  On the bottom of the trailer we had written: "God's Gift to you".  This year we want to add the world with the manger inside it and make it God's Gift To The World.  We are hoping to make the world turn.

August 27, 2008 Flag

I need ideas for a Christmas parade float. The theme is Christmas' Past. We are a fifty+ women's club, so we want to tie it all together.

Christie from Phoenix. AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about a wartime christmas?

November 8, 2007 Flag

I would like ideas for a Christmas Parade Float. The theme is "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree". We are a Baptist Church in town, so of course we would like something to do with church and/or Jesus in our themed float. Any ideas out there?

M. Head from Commerce, GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about putting a Christmas tree on the float and have the children dress up as presents, and walk along side the float all you need is boxes that are wrapped with wrapping paper and a nice bow.

October 11, 2011 Flag

I need some ideas for a "Down Home Country Christmas" parade float, for an animal hospital, that won't be stereotypical. Any ideas?

By Angel C.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Something based on the book Charlotte's Web; country, animals, Christmas and nice themes of friendship all rolled into one.

Load More
Holidays and Parties Christmas MiscellaneousJanuary 8, 2013
Illustration of a Christmas book.
A Storybook Christmas Float Ideas
A photo of a girl scout.
Girl Scouts Christmas Parade Float Ideas
Old Fashioned Christmas Float Theme
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 11:13:27 AM on 10.0.0.114 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.