Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Float construction requires a lot of planning to successfully display your theme. This guide is about Christmas parade float ideas.

December 9, 2016 Flag

Christmas float.

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "12 Days of Christmas" float ideas. The popular poem and song of the same name offers lots of decorating ideas for a Christmas parade float.

December 9, 2016 Flag

Illustration of a house at Christmas.

This is a guide about "Home for the Holidays" Christmas parade float ideas. Ideas for a parade float based on this popular Christmastime song.

December 9, 2016 Flag

An old fashioned Christmas illustration of Santa in his sleigh.

This is a guide about "Old Fashioned Christmas" float theme. The theme for a Christmas parade is the starting place for deciding how to decorate your float.

December 9, 2016 Flag

Illustration of a Christmas book.

This is a guide about "A Storybook Christmas" float ideas. The theme of a Christmas parade opens the door to your creative side as you decide how to decorate your float using that concept.

December 8, 2016 Flag

A reindeer playing drums.

This is a guide about "Jingle Bell Rock" Christmas float ideas. Many organizations and businesses participate annually in Christmas parades around the country. Coming up with ideas to fit the parade theme can be difficult.

December 8, 2016 Flag

A photo of a girl scout.

This is a guide about Girl Scouts Christmas parade float ideas. Coming up with ideas for your troop's float for the upcoming Christmas parade can be tough.

November 3, 2016 Flag

I need help with ideas for our Christmas float with the theme Christmas Wishes. We are a church float; any suggestions?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could use a likeness of blowing a dandelion puff to make a wish. Or a falling star. Change these to a church theme.

August 27, 2016 Flag

We are doing a Christmas parade float with Care Bears. Our theme is "Caring is a commitment". We are a doctor's office. I have no ideas. Can you help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The care bears and friend were all about team work. They are the colors of the rainbow, and thus one of the easier themes to do. If you can create the bear ears with pom-poms and decorate your scrubs with their symbols ( sunshine, melody, friendship logos) as well as create large band-aids that are rainbow colored, it should come across cute. The logo of your office can be included in the float or on the car/truck. Balloons, pompoms and actual care bears photos reinforced by thick card board or stock should be enough to complete the whole look. Tissue paper flowers, streams and fringe usually help with the decorations and a rainbow should round out the look...

October 24, 2015 Flag

I need major ideas, I'm drawing a blank. I need ideas to decorate a soccer mom van, it's for a Christmas parade with the theme of fantasy. Our group is a medieval reenactment group. I have no idea what to do, please help if you can. Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Medieval fantasy conjurs up images of King Arthur, Robin Hood, knights fighting dragons .... Have fun!

October 2, 2015 Flag

I need a idea for a float in a Christmas parade with the theme "Load the Sleigh". Please help, what can I use to load it? I want something different, a new theme, not just gifts and presents.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about books? Dozens and dozens of books. They represent learning, improved spelling and vocabulary in addition to stimulating our imagination and furthering our education. You'll likely be able to find a great many at local thrift stores.

In Iceland, if you're interested, books are a large part of their Christmas culture. Check it out? http://www.npr.  stmas-book-flood

September 19, 2007 Flag

Our company will be in the annual Christmas parade and I am looking for a Locksmith-themed Christmas parade float... any ideas?!

HELP! These are locksmiths, and aren't too creative.

CHRISTY from ORLANDO, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My husbands family own's the bowling alley in the town I live in and we are trying to decide on a theme for the parade. The theme they gave us is "A Golden Christmas" this is the 50th year this city has had its parade and does anyone have any ideas on what we can do with that and also get the advertisement out for the bowling alley as well.

November 5, 2015 Flag

The Christmas parade is coming and we wanted to do a float with a library theme. Any suggestions?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here's hoping this sparks some ideas: http://www.npr.  stmas-book-flood

November 4, 2015 Flag

I am a member of my children's elementary school PTO - our school is entering a float in the annual Christmas parade and the theme is "Holiday Glow". We have decided that we are going to incorporate "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and have all the children in the float wear red clown noses. The banner at the front of the float will read "Our Future's so Bright, you could even say it Glows!". I am seeking creative decorating ideas for the actual float to incorporate. Thanks!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If the parade at night, you could decorate with glow sticks. These are very inexpensive at Dollar stores. If it's daylight hours, maybe neon paints.

November 30, 2014 Flag

I need ideas for a smaller church float we have a nativity. The theme is Silver Jubilee Christmas! How do you keep Christ in Christmas in a silver jubilee?

By Tim C. from Moscow, ID

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could maybe do the angel of the annunciation and make the angel silver?

November 17, 2013 Flag

Our Christmas parade theme is "Santa's Everywhere". Our church wants to stick with the theme, but also convey the religious side of Christmas. Any ideas on how to combine the two?

By Will H.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am glad you want to represent Christ in the parade! Here is a (bold) idea that can incorporate both and make people ponder about the real meaning of Christmas.

On your float, erect a cross. Have a man dressed as Santa kneeling at the foot of this cross in reverence, with his hat in his hand. It could have a banner that says something like: "Celebrate the REASON for the season. The baby that was born became the Savior of the world!"

This can represent that even our symbols of Christmas should not take precedence over the reason that Jesus came... to save us from our sins.

November 2, 2008 Flag

My Church is doing a float for our Christmas Parade. We thought of doing "Happy Birthday Jesus"! Can you give me any idea for making a birthday cake to go on the float and something else to go with it?

Sherry from Fayette, AL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Last year we built a big box (the size of our trailer), had a lid for it propped up on the box with a big bow on it, Then we put the manger scene as if it was what was in the box.  We built this all out of chicken wire and tissue.  Behind the gift box we had the cross with a crown of thorns and a purple cloth draped over it. 

In the front of the trailer, over the goose neck of the trailer, we had a huge Christmas Tree.  On the box we had a gift tag on each side which said, To: You, Love, God.  On the bottom of the trailer we had written: "God's Gift to you".  This year we want to add the world with the manger inside it and make it God's Gift To The World.  We are hoping to make the world turn.

August 27, 2008 Flag

I need ideas for a Christmas parade float. The theme is Christmas' Past. We are a fifty+ women's club, so we want to tie it all together.

Christie from Phoenix. AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about a wartime christmas?

November 18, 2011 Flag

I am looking for ideas on how to decorate kids and a float for a parade with the theme: A Season of Thanks.

By Stacy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Pilgrims and Indians would be so fun!

http://www.ehow  float-ideas.html

You could use things like hay, corn, turkeys, pumpkins, little pilgrim costumes and Indian costumes.

To this end I have included some virtual field trips to get a flavor of some of the characteristic of Thanksgiving that could be included in your float.

http://www.scho  ving/webcast.htm

Have fun and many blessings, Robyn

November 8, 2007 Flag

I would like ideas for a Christmas Parade Float. The theme is "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree". We are a Baptist Church in town, so of course we would like something to do with church and/or Jesus in our themed float. Any ideas out there?

M. Head from Commerce, GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about putting a Christmas tree on the float and have the children dress up as presents, and walk along side the float all you need is boxes that are wrapped with wrapping paper and a nice bow.

October 11, 2011 Flag

I need some ideas for a "Down Home Country Christmas" parade float, for an animal hospital, that won't be stereotypical. Any ideas?

By Angel C.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Something based on the book Charlotte's Web; country, animals, Christmas and nice themes of friendship all rolled into one.

November 6, 2008 Flag

Our girls club at church is putting a float in our town's Christmas parade, and would like to do a Heaven theme. We're thinking lots of white, people dressed like angels, and then maybe a staircase with Jesus sitting at the top with a scepter and angels around him. Any other ideas or ways to pull this off?

Kate from Alberta, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We did a heavenly float. I took old sheets and put quilt batting over them. I them pulled at the batting to make it rise and look fluffy. I took some spray adhesive and sprayed over it, then took some glitter and sprinkled on the clouds. Then I had children dressed in white as angels sit in the clouds and each held a single battery operated white candle. Lot of white lights on the float.

October 14, 2010 Flag

I am a police sergeant in West Virginia and run a youth group of about 30 high school kids who want to go into law enforcement. We are going to march in the Christmas parade this year and for the first time they are allowing floats.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Holidays and Parties Christmas MiscellaneousJanuary 8, 2013
Illustration of a Christmas book.
A Storybook Christmas Float Ideas
Illustration of a house at Christmas.
"Home for the Holidays" Christmas Parade Float Ideas
A reindeer playing drums.
"Jingle Bell Rock" Christmas Float Ideas
A photo of a girl scout.
Girl Scouts Christmas Parade Float Ideas
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 12:28:43 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.