Girl Scouts Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Category Parade Float
A photo of a girl scout.
Coming up with ideas for your troop's float for the upcoming Christmas parade can be tough. This is a guide about Girl Scouts Christmas parade float ideas.

My Girl Scout troop is going to be in our towns Christmas parade, the theme is a whimsical christmas. Does anyone have any ideas?

Amanda from Mathiston, MS

Best Answer

How about having the girls dress as elves, or sugar plum fairies.

Best Answer

How about making a bunch of pinwheels in Christmas colors. Those are whimsical, and cheap enough for a girl scout troop. You can have all the girls dress up as elves with bells on. You can make the pinwheels in difference sizes and buy some other shiny ones from the dollar stores.

Best Answer

My idea of whimsical has always been something a little different than the ordinary. Think Dr. Seuss, The Cat in the Hat, and even Whoville from the Grinch. Crooked shapes and tons of bright colors.

Does anyone have any Christmas parade theme ideas for my Girl Scout troop? I have never done a float by myself and I don't know what to do; well, I know a little bit of what to do. I already have the generator and the chicken wire. Now I need a theme! Can anyone help me please?

By Katy from Jacksboro, TX

Best Answer

I would suggest something about how sharing is caring, maybe showing how we can donate needed items to those less fortunate at Christmas or showing how we can donate our time to a soup kitchen or visit old folks in a nursing home. I remember my Girl Scout troop was always concerned with how we could help others. Make people see how Christmas is about sharing and not just getting what you want.

To tie in with the previous suggestion, Jesus was born poor too! Maybe show the Wise Men giving gifts to Jesus.

Good luck!

Best Answer

How about the song, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"? Picture a decorated living room and tree, mommy and daddy, and a kid or two hiding and watching them.

I'm a leader in our local Girl Scout troop. We want to decorate a boat as our float for the Christmas Parade. I really need some creative cute ideas. The parade is Dec. 12th.

By Heather from Bethel, NC

Answers:

Hi Heather,

I am also a girl scout leader. Don't know how many girls you have but it would be cute to do twas the night before Christmas. The girl scout were all nestled all snug in their bed with visions of girl scout cookies danced in their head. You could make a head board on one end of your trailer and the foot board on the other end. Make a plate form in the middle to look like the bed. Cover have girls in pj's or GS uniforms make a halo for girls to ware with GS Cookies going around the halo. Hope this helps.

Susan T. AL
email let me know how it went susan AT alabamatimberindustries.com (10/30/2009)

By srotton

My Brownie Girl Scout Troop has been asked to be in our town's Christmas parade. The theme is "Star Spangled Christmas". We are limited on funds to decorate. Any ideas?

By Christie from NY

Answers:

"Star Spangled Christmas" Parade Float Ideas

Go to Rowlett Parade 2008 Photo Gallery, lot of pictures there, good luck.
(11/01/2009)

By kffrmw88

I'd use American flags for the floor and red, white, and blue garland (the shiny kind) on the sides. Good luck. (11/01/2009)

By bribri374