A Storybook Christmas Float Ideas

Category Parade Float
The theme of a Christmas parade opens the door to your creative side as you decide how to decorate your float using that concept. This is a guide about "A Storybook Christmas" float ideas.

This is my first time to do a float or to be a 4-H leader and I want to do a good job. The theme for the Christmas parade is "A Storybook Christmas". I need ideas.

By Peggy from Hatfield, AR

Answers

Best Answer

What about picking a classic Christmas story, and setting up the float with a set and characters dressed like that story. Books that come to my mind are "How the Grinch stole Christmas" or Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas or The Best/worst Christmas Story Ever or The Night Before Christmas, etc.

What do people consider to be a storybook Christmas float? I need some ideals.

Answers

I would have backdrops and have people dressed from stories like:

Step 1

A Christmas Carol

Step 2
Frosty the Snowman

Step 3
The Little Match Girl

Step 4
The Three Kings

I need some ideas for a float with a theme of "A Storybook Christmas". This float will be for the cub scouts. Any ideas?

By Lisa from Minor Hill, TN

Answers:

A Storybook Christmas" Float Ideas

This is not much, but with it being "storybook" you could have different characters such as Scrooge, Rudolph, the nutcracker, etc. You could make poster-sized "storybooks" (big enough to be seen by the crowd) of their own stories for them to be "reading" or they could be reading each others stories. Not the most exciting idea, but an idea nonetheless. Hope it helps (11/04/2009)

By minnabird

A Storybook Christmas" Float Ideas

Not so much a storybook, but what about The Dangerous Book for Boys? Seems fitting for a group of scouts. (11/04/2009)

By pamhorack

I need help with an idea for a cub scout Christmas parade float. The theme is "A Storybook Christmas". I had thought of taking a line out of "The Night Before Christmas" and changing it to "The children were nestled all snug in their beds while the values of scouting danced in their heads". I was going to have children in bed dreaming and have big elaborate presents wrapped with the 12 values of scouting in letters on the outside: courage, faith, honesty, etc.

My question is how do I make it look like a dream? I want to have some presents "floating" over the bed and maybe some under a tree or by a fireplace. Any suggestions on how to exactly make this work?

Tracy from Franklin TN

Answers:

A Storybook Christmas" Float Ideas

Could you rig some kind of netting, like a fishing net, suspended over the "sleeping" kids, and tuck the gifts into that? (11/26/2006)

By Becki in IN

A Storybook Christmas" Float Ideas

How about using lightweight paper wrapped around helium balloons? Hmmm.. it just might work. (09/11/2008)

By

A Storybook Christmas" Float Ideas

You could use something like a mobile crib would have and have it attached to the head of the bed. Have the presents suspended and have the mobile turning around. You could use a toy airplane, maybe a small ball, a small doll, those kind of things. (10/02/2008)

By Debbie

A Storybook Christmas" Float Ideas

Another idea is since it's a scout theme, have them asleep in sleeping bags in their uniforms, camping out together, and you could still have visions using the mobile concept floating over each kid's head, representing what each kid wants for Xmas. (10/02/2008)

By Debbie

A Storybook Christmas" Float Ideas

Wrap your empty boxes and glue them together; then stretch the fishing line across the float (over the children) and secure it to things on both ends. The rest is pretty easy, put up a tree and decorate as usual place presents under it, maybe have one child nestled under it or a stuffed dog or cat.

To replicate a fireplace, a big box, like from a furniture store, use a box cutter and cut out the fireplace surround, leave the back of the box. Next, spray paint with black paint for the inside and then draw flames on white poster board and glue inside on the outside you could either spray paint it a color of your choice or go to a Dollar store and look at their adhesive contact paper, some of it looks like wood grain. Use indoor outdoor carpet for the floor (green would be nice) preferably on a trailer without side rails, a flatbed. (11/20/2008)

By sapzon