A Storybook Christmas Float Ideas
November 10, 2010
This is my first time to do a float or to be a 4-H leader and I want to do a good job. The theme for the Christmas parade is "A Storybook Christmas". I need ideas.
By peggy from Hatfield, AR
Answer this Question Louise B.
Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 337 Feedbacks
November 12, 20100 found this helpful
What about picking a classic Christmas story, and setting up the float with a set and characters dressed like that story. Books that come to my mind are "How the Grinch stole Christmas" or Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas or The Best/worst Christmas Story Ever or The Night Before Christmas, etc.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
September 15, 2017
What do people consider to be a storybook Christmas float? I need some ideas.
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
September 15, 20170 found this helpful
I would have backdrops and have people dressed from stories like:
A Christmas Carol
Frosty the Snowman
The Little Match Girl
The Three Kings
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 433 Posts
September 16, 20170 found this helpful
I would make a big book out of cardboard. Have kids sitting pretending to listen to a story in their PJs. Have someone dress up as Mother Goose.
Answer this Question
September 19, 20170 found this helpful
To me, Storybook Christmas means children's stories - entertaining stories or religious stories.
- Since we do not know the size of the float you will have to either enlarge or condense the suggestions.
- What part of the country will this parade be - snow? - freezing cold or just chilly? - if children are involved that will have to be a big determining factor where costumes are concerned.
- Will it be windy? Backdrops have to be able to withstand whatever the weather turns out to be.
- How many people are involved in making this float? Are they talented with their ability to "see" the finished product before its started? This takes a lot of planning and dedicated reliable people to do something like this and most people start working on a Christmas float 6 months in advance.
- A float definitely takes people with carpentry skills and the tools/workshop to make and store items. A large area to store the float while it is being assembled.
- Cost is another factor that will have to be considered before a final decision is made as some decorations (even if you make most of your own) are expensive when thinking on this scale.
- Costumes? Will you be making your own or will these be purchased? Will each child/person be able to supply their own costume?
- Ideas? Music theme with children dressed in storybook costumes - Jingle Bells (any type costume) - Drummer Boy - Frosty the Snowman - Gingerbread Man - Charlie Brown plus others -
- Children can be "dancing" to any chosen music to match their costumes (they will need some sort of support to hold on to in case of a jerk or sudden stop).
- Bales of hay stacked in different heights with fake snow or nothing (like a sleigh ride).
- Having different costumes will give children/parents the opportunity to choose for themselves.
- Here is a site that has a lot of music suggestions and music can be supplied with a car battery set up.
- Here are a couple of sites with some suggestions.
If this is a children's float then simple is the safest way to think when making plans. Have fun!
November 13, 2018
I've just been asked to do the Christmas float for a parade which is in about 2 weeks for our dance studio. The theme is A Storybook Christmas. Any ideas?
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
November 13, 20180 found this helpful
A Christmas Carol.
Answer this Question VeronicaHB
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 107 Posts
November 14, 20180 found this helpful
The Nutcracker or The Polar Express would be a good theme and would give you a lot of options for decorating the float.
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
I need some ideas for a float with a theme of "A Storybook Christmas". This float will be for the cub scouts. Any ideas?Read More...
I need help with an idea for a cub scout Christmas parade float. The theme is "A Storybook Christmas".Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.