Parade Float Ideas

Category Parade Float
Schools, organizations, and businesses often participate in parades for homecoming and holidays. Part of the fun and sometimes the stress is coming up with an idea for your float. This is a page about parade float ideas.

Any ideas for a great outdoors themed parade not just the usual fishing and hunting themes. I need something unique, this is a small town parade. Anyone with any good ideas would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

You could tie in lots of flowers ,plants, veggies, farming equipment, farm animals, horses, etc. Everyone could wear white shirts/tee shirts and blue jeans with straw hats, boots to complete the look!

Best Answer

You could go with a camping theme and tie in a forest/woodland theme and woodland animals.

Best Answer

Go with an ecology theme. We all need to be aware of the environment around us and what we plant and use around our home. I would work with gardening and growing your own food.

Organic gardening is a great way to present an outdoor theme for your parade. If you are looking for something other than this you can dry backpacking, survival camping, hicking tips and safety guide, water spots such as boating, skiing, and tube riding.

Best Answer

I wonder if you're even having much of a parade now, as everything seems to be closed up

Be that as it may, maybe a nice astronaut theme would work. That is technically out of doors, in outer space. Have everyone dress as astronauts, throw sparkles to be like stars, make vehicles into spaceships, etc. This would be particularly useful if you were in an area like Huntsville AL or other with a NASA presence

I have to use a theme 1989 for a float we are entering in a parade. I am looking for help.

Thanks

Answers

Best Answer

You could do a whole tribute to the change from the paper dollar to the coin that happened in that year! Decorate the float in fake bills and coins.

Or you could pick a song that was popular that year...or a group...

Like wasn't that the year that Milli Vanilli was called out for lip syncing...you could have a whole float with people dressed as the duo (I know they were not Canadian but lip syncing is fun)!

Or you could always go old school with a hockey tribute or a tribute to Niagara falls or all of the wonderful Canadian rock stars over the years.

Post back with what you decide!

Best Answer

You could create a float with a 1989 movies theme such as The Little Mermaid or Batman or 1989 TV shows such as The Simpsons or Seinfeld.

Best Answer

Saying goodbye to the 80's, tying in some of more current looks,showing the difference sense the eighty's,with old and new,Titled Then and Now!

I would like some ideas for a parade float for a medical cannabis shop entry.

I work for a credit union and we have been invited to join a local parade. We're all searching for ideas to add to the float. We want the name of our company on the float and we want to involve the crowd. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Kristalove

Answers

By (Guest Post)

use chicken wire and tissue paper to spell out name and throw penny candy to the crowd

Make it a theme for the Community, such as
use Puppy/kitten themes and have empty boxes
set up at Credit Union to collect stuff for animal
shelters, food, towels etc or go RedWhitenBlue
and HONOR Veterans and you will be surprised
how fast the float making will go, find the creative
person in the bank the one that decorates for every
holiday and put that person in charge ....
Have Fun , also toss out pens, pencils, magnets
with your LOGO>

By (Guest Post)

I have some ideas...email me at mvm9607 @ aol.com (remove spaces) Mark

I am looking for float ideas poking fun at eating contests, mainly hot dog ones.

I work with kids and I need a float idea for a parade that is coming up. The theme of the parade is Cavoilcade's 58 and Oil's Great.

By Brandi from Groves, TX

I am looking for ideas for a small town parade float with the theme "Old Values New Ideas" for a veterinarian clinic.

By Shannon Shain from WY

Answers

There are so many ideas you could go with! A building with a sign on it with animals in line to get in. Animals with bandages on different body parts.

You could get together with the humane society and maybe promote adoption and/or spay/neutering programs. I would love to see pictures of whatever you go with! Good luck!

Hi Michael,
Great Idea! I have worked for a Large/Small animal practice for over 27 years. We would have an open house every year. But, for a float, I would suggest using live animals, a surgery table and of course have your Doctors on it also. Display all the services your hospital provides and maybe even offer a free rabies vaccine (new clients only) as rabies is one of the cheapest vaccines your hospital buys. Be in scrubs/lab coats. Pass out candy to the children. I would use any advertising you have from your vendors ie: for frontline, advantage and of course any foods you sell at your practice. Use all the "free stuff" that they give you and pass them out. Are you a full service hospital? Make poster boards that display any of the services you provide.

Decorate it in the colors of your practice and don't forget to put your hospital's mission statement on the float also. Good luck

For the old values, new ideas you might have some older animals that are up for adoption. Many people reject older animals as an option when looking for pets. If you have any geriatric patients, have them on board or walking around the float. If you have a behaviorist, show that old dogs can indeed learn new tricks.

Our local community has a parade in the summer with the theme "Everyone Is Family". Any ideas for a simple float? Thanks so much.

Di from Colorado

Answers

People (or Paper mache people, whatever medium you use) of every age, color, size, shape holding hands around a world globe or something that represents your hometown. Might symbolize family and community togetherness. Kind of corny but there's my two cents. :)

Make a outdoor theme(like a campsite) Trees, picnic table etc. In the center make a imitation fire pit made with rocks. Have a diversity of people sitting around the pit roasting marshmallows. If you have someone who is musical, have someone playing guitar. "Home,home on the range" is a sure hit. Good Luck

Use a flatbed trailer, put a carpet on it, dining room table, and create a scene of a family dinner. Use real people with dinner napkins tucked into their shirts, exaggerated hairdos, anything dramatic. Make a huge pot of big-gauge spaghetti, and show the Mom dishing up a big swinging blob of spaghetti (fake?) If you can use a generator, put it into a cabinet and set a TV on the cabinet with a movie in it of family scenes like 'Lassie'. You could do present-day or '50's. I guess you would not want to do a parody of the family, but instead celebrate genuine family good times.

We are going to be in our town's Sweet Corn festival parade. We are a construction company (Redcliff Construction) and the theme is corn. Please help!

We have a 4-H group and are looking for ideas for our float for the parade.

We have a ski boat we will be entering in a 4th of July boat parade this summer. The parade theme this year is "Our Children". Any great decorating ideas?

We are a line dancing group and are going to be in a town parade with the theme "Timeless Traditions". We have a 2 level flatbed and always put a theme on the highest level while we dance on the lowest level while traveling the parade route. Any ideas? I was thinking on the lines of family based?

By Wendy K

I am looking for float ideas for a veterinary practice, the theme is " All I want For Christmas". Thank you.

By E.F

Any ideas for a parade float for a veterinary hospital with the theme "Honoring Those Who Serve"? Thanks.

By ValNR from NY

There is kiddie parade coming up with the theme "Unforgettable Memories". Any ideas for a float?

By Alex from Hillsboro, IL

Answers

My first thought was dressing them like old tv show characters such as Darla, Alfalfa and Spanky from The Little Rascals, Howdy Doody, Gilligan and Skipper from Gilligan's Island, Scooby Doo and Shaggy, etc. You could make face masks of the real actors who portrayed them and have them on paddles or dowels so the person could just hold them up over their faces and then dress in character. Span the genres so all would know some of the characters. Maybe even come up with one of those old console tvs to put at one end of the float. Everyone has unforgettable memories of their favorite tv shows they grew up watching. Good luck!

A few thoughts to kick start your imagination.
"A Day At The Beach" - white sand, palm trees, beach umbrella, sandcastles, beach towels, beach toys, beach ball, seashells
"Playground Fun" - grass, see-saw, swing, hula hoop, picinic blanket & basket, kite flying
"Playing Dress-Up" - gowns, wigs, hats, old high heels , make-up dresser with mirror and seat

Good Luck and have fun:)

Our city is having a holiday parade and the theme is Trains. We are looking for any simple ways to turn our company van into a train. I won't have a lot of volunteers to help me transform the van, so it needs to be easy. Thank you very much.

I am looking for ideas for a parade float to commemorate our high school's 50th birthday. Any ideas for simple, cheap, and attractive?

Load More

In These Pages
Holidays and Parties Parties Outdoor Parade FloatAugust 8, 2013
🐛
🌻
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Parade-Float-Ideas.html