Homecoming Float Ideas

Category Parade Float
There are many float design themes for this fall school occasion. This guide is about homecoming float ideas.

I would like some help thinking of class float ideas! Our school mascot is the panther and homecoming night we play the wildcats.

Jess

Answers

What about a "Rumble in the Jungle" theme. You could make a boxing ring and have a person dressed up as a panther and one as a wildcat. If there is enough room on the float and depending on how many people you have, you could have the different crowds cheering on each team.

Hey anyone have ideas for floats we are the panthers and we play the knights.

I need an idea for a float for homecoming. We are the knights and its for the senior class. Some of the guys in my class want to build a tank but we have no idea how to relate that to our school and our class. any ideas?

We are the Bulldogs and were playing the bears do you have any homecoming float ideas?

For Panthers vs. Wildcats---GO PANTHERS, BEAT THE "MILD" CATS--have a panther ready to pounce on a kitty cat

Bulldogs vs. Bears---IT'S A DOG'S DAY, a bulldog holding (or chewing on) a teddy bear. GO BULLDOGS, BEAT THE "TEDDY" BEARS

Knights--I don't understand the tank idea. Who are you playing against? Have a fake fire, a knight with a sword, and a small image of the opponet on the end of the sword. Have the sword over the fire. KNIGHTS SLAY THE_______. Or, KNIGHTS EAT _____ FOR A (CAMPFIRE) SNACK.

Panthers vs. Knights---Have a panther sitting on top of a knight. TONIGHT IS THE PANTHER'S KNIGHT

Have fun all of you!

Need some ideas also. We're the hornets. Dunno who we're playing tho... problem i think

For the hornets it could be: Sting The (other teams name) and then for your float you could have the mascot of the other team running away from a hornet thats ready to sting.

Hi!! We are the Titans and we are playing the Tigers. Any good ideas?? Thank You so very much!!!

you could say something like.....whip the wildcats and have a "panther" whipping a wild cat......or sum thing to that affect........

The sophmore class is having trouble coming up with a good slogan for our float, were the Southern Tornadoes and were playing the Miller Falcons. ANY IDEAS????

I need ideas for a wildcat homecoming float...help would be appreciated.

Does anyone have a good idea for my school's homecoming float? We are the panthers and we are playing against the spoilers. Let me know if you have some ideas, thanks.

We are the panthers and we are playing the hornets. Any ideas? Thanks!

We are the Dietrich Blue Devils and we are playing the Rockland Bulldogs for homecoming. Any theme ideas? Please HELP asap before 9-19-08.

I really need a good idea we want to win so please help me out :],, We are the mountain lions, and we are playing the cougars
Please help me asap

We are looking for ideas for are homecoming float. We are the Warriors and we are playing the Chargers.

By Jody

What is a good homecoming float for us Trojans that are going against Kirksville Tigers? It has to be something about Tigers.

By Angela from Troy, MO

I am in charge of our homecoming freshman float. I have no clue what to do with it! We are the panthers and we are playing the cardinals! Our topic is Dynamite. Could you help me find some ideas what to do?

Tanae from Terreton ID

Answers

How about sticks of dynamite with the cardinal strapped to them or to the top of them and the panther lighting the fuse

or cardinal "parts" scatter around and the remnants of the blow up dynamyte (fire, smoke, KABOOM sign, team members or cheerleaders in tattered uniforms with grimy faces)

send a picture!

it is so easy to come up with ideas and not so easy to put them to practical use. float making is hard work. i've helped to a few for our town parades and they aren't as easy as people think.

that said.....you've seen the old tom and jerry cartoons where tom is trying to blow up jerry.....why not expand on that theme and tom(panthers) can blow up jerry (cardinal) and you could have a lot of red stuff flying around like he'd blown off the feathers.
or... a panther with a cardinal in its mouth ready to drop it in a bucket of dynomite.
good luck

Since you are the Panthers put jungle greenery around the sides of the float.Up the back, have vines on thin poles and jungle floral beauty mixed with trees that are small. Fake dynamite will be placed at a fair distance from each other. Since your intention is to win the game, place strong wire into the end of the dynamite and push right through to the base so it is blasting about one to one and one and one half feet in the air. It will need sparkles on it to show the cardinals blasting up in the air! A beautiful win!

How about a birdhouse made of stacked sticks of dynamite. Lay the dynamite like "logs". The chimney would have a lit fuse coming out of it.

I am looking for ideas for a homecoming float. We are the Lions and are playing the Patriots.

My freshman class is making a float for the homecoming game. They are the Tigers and we are the Falcons. What are some good themes, ideas, and slogans to put on the float?

We need to make a homecoming float. We are the "Storm" (red and black) and they are the Standing Rock Warriors.

By Peanut from Carson, ND

We are having a high school homecoming parade. Our HS SADD group would like to build a float that sends a message about not serving alcohol to minors or driving sober. Does anyone have an idea?

mking

Answers

Why don't you take an idea from Charles Dickens: the ghosts of future drunk driving victims? The future doctor who never got to save a life, etc. This close to Halloween you can probably find lots of ghost makeup and ideas online for making people look like ghosts. I know this isn't a very good idea but it's all I could think of. All good wishes for your homecoming. Hoping for the day when there won't be any more drunks.

See if a towing yard has a really badly wrecked car in their junk yard that you can "borrow" on your float, and then use the ghost idea?

Please keep the ideas coming.

I need some ideas for a homecoming float. The theme is Super Heroes. We are the Rebels and are playing the Spartans. Any ideas?

Phish

Answers

Our homecoming theme this year is also superheroes. We are dressing up as power rangers for our float and painting a city for our backdrop. We are the dragons and we are playing the panthers. We are gonna make a panther looking robot, and tie him up. Our theme is SAVING THE DAY ONE HOMECOMING AT A TIME!

We are doing a superhero theme also. We are using Superman and our slogan is "Santa Fe Saves the Day".

I need help coming up with a theme for a school homecoming float. We are the Saints and we are going against the Wildcats. I am making a float for the homecoming parade with a bunch of juniors in my class but we need help with ideas.

Bree from Oakgrove, MN

Answers

The Saints tame the cats!!!
Bring in your cat or dress up like one and have one Saint----making the Wildcats turn into nice loveable cats!
Meow!!!!

saints riding the wildcats out of the areana. for they are now tamed.

The West Central Trojans are playing the Frontier Falcons for the homecoming game, our school colors are red and black and the theme is supposed to be "fracture the falcons". I don't have any ideas for the float. Can you help me?

Jane from Medaryville, IN

Answers

We are in the same dilema in Mckinney Texas
Our theme is Frighten the Falcons""

How about a float featuring a falcon lying on it's back with one or both legs in the air with cast(s) on it/them?

you guys are mean we are the FALCONS!!!
but in redding cali. ha and we are playing the orland trojans for homecoming
POP THE TROJANS!!!!!

I am looking for a homecoming float theme. We are the Chargers (horse head) and we will play the Blue Jays.

I am in charge of the sophomore class float, and I have no ideas at all. We are the Lions and the theme for homecoming is the Mane Attraction (like the lion's mane). I can't think of anything.

By Sam C. from Vancouver, WA

I am planning the senior homecoming float. The theme is American Dance. I desperately need help thinking of a way to decorate our float using some really creative ideas.

I was thinking of using hip hop for the theme, because I figured it was the most popular American dance. However, I also thought of a mix; like hip hop, country, that kind of stuff. So if any one has Ideas that would be awesome. So just like ideas for what the float would look like and what we can do as like a skit. Thanks so much.

By Volleychika144 from San Diego, CA

For our homecoming float the theme is "Of One Body" and I have no ideas. Does anyone else have a creative idea? Please Help!

Ashley from Jefferson City, TN

Answers

You could create a chain of large "paper doll" figures, holding hands, in a circle. On the paper dolls, use pictures from a yearbook, or recent school activities that represent the ways that the students have come together to reach common goals. Examples could include organizing charity events, volunteering in the community, Special Olympics, sports, band, etc.

Does your school have a mission statement? Find ways to represent your "one student body" achieving the elements of the mission statement.

This is also a way to call attention to the cultural diversity of your student body. You could create symbols, like building blocks, that represent each cultural background, all coming together to build something great for the future. Good luck!

Use music, and have the theme be "Of One Body, Many Melodies".

I need ideas for a high school homecoming float. Our theme is "Simply Irresistible" and our mascot is the Comets and we are playing the Wildcats. Any ideas would really be appreciated!

Thanks :)
Raine from NC

Answers

Didnt Robert Palmer have a hit song by that name? The back up dancers wore black and heavy black makeup. You might be able to access the video through the internet if you should choose to use this for your inspriation. I think you'd need to play the music to go with the dancers.

The other idea I have uses irresistible foods like ice cream sodas and cupcakes.

Best of luck

Thanks, I had thought of that..... even had the idea to have the boys dress as the girls and the girls dress like Robert Palmer. But I just can not come up with an idea of how to tie this back in with Comets, Wildcats, and football!

Our school does homecoming floats every year that "put down" the other team such as "grill the gators". We are the wildcats and this year we are playing the cowboys. If you could give me any ideas that would be great. Our school colors are navy blue and white and the other team's colors are blue and silver. any ideas and/or slogans.

Thanks,
Jennifer from Tampa, FL

Answers

How about "claw the cowboys" or "pounce the cowboys"? Those are the first two things that popped in my head. Then of course you have the wildcat attacking the cowboy. he has a ripped (clawed) shirt, hat torn up, etc.
Hope this helps

Our freshmen class is trying to think of ideas for our homecoming float and we have no ideas. We would like to be the 1st freshmen class to win homecoming at our school. Our school mascot is the lions and we are a Christian school so if you have any ideas, let me know!

Thanks so much!
Lola from SC

Answers

Do Daniel in the Lions Den - I'm not sure what to actually put on the float - maybe put a whole bunch of fire and instead of the Lions use the other teams mascot as the Lions and put Daniel as the "winning" Lion! - Just a thought! Have fun!

Since the school mascot is a lion, how about School "Pride" being the theme.

This year, my school, the Wirt County Tigers, are playing the Hannon Wildcats for Homecoming. As president of the junior class float committee, I would like some help thinking of themes for our float. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tabby From West Virginia

Answers

We are actually playing the tigers for our homecoming this year. We are making "tiger soup" with a big menu and giant soup can decorated like campbells soup. Our girls (the 8 and under cheer squad) are rolling their hair to look like Shirley Temple, and we are playing "Animal crackers in my soup" in the background. You could use this idea, and make "wildcat soup". Good Luck!!!

How about "It's Gunna Be a Cat Fight!" Make a boxing ring out of supplies. Have someone in a tiger costume fighting someone in a wildcat costume. Play themes from the boxing movie Rocky. Could you help me with my float idea? Were the panthers and were playing the wildcats also...i wanted to do the cat fight idea but i guess it has been used. do you have any other ideas for me?

I need a really good idea. I'm part of the Bulldog Nation and we are going up against the Tigers. I need an idea fast?

By douglas

We are the Lions they are the Rangers. Can someone offer a suggestion for our float?

By Larissa

Our school is the Rams and for homecoming we are playing the Holly Pond Mustangs. As a junior class we don't know what a good idea for a float would be. Any suggestions?

By Kaitlyn H.

I need a float idea for our homecoming parade. We are the Mustangs and are playing the Roadrunners. Everyone wants to do a coyote and roadrunner theme, but I feel like all the other classes will do that. Any suggestions at all would be great!

By KS

We need some ideas for our homecoming parade float. We are Tigers (orange and black) and versus the Mustangs. Any good ideas?

By Hannah B.

I am looking for themes for a homecoming float for preschoolers. It will be the Rams vs. Wildcats. Any ideas will be appreciated.

By Cristi

I'm in charge of the freshman float this year for homecoming. I don't have any ideas. Please help! We're the Tigers playing the Montezuma Braves.

By Nat_IV from Marengo, IA

My cross-country team (girls) is doing a float for our high school's homecoming parade. We aren't sure of how to theme our float though. It would be cool to have part of homecoming in it, but also part of running in it too. Any ideas of how to decorate our float and what to wear? Thanks.

By RunnerGirl92 from OR

I'm in charge of building a homecoming float for school and I need something extravagant to beat the seniors. Last year's float was awful.

We are the Hornets and our colors are red, black, and gold. We are playing the Spartans. Any ideas please?

By Ellie77

I need help finding an idea for a float for my class to build for football homecoming.We are the bobcats and we are playing the eagles.

By bre2012 from Tyrone, OK

I need some ideas for our homecoming parade. Our theme is Eras and we were thinking about the future. We are an insurance agency and the Warriors are playing the Flyers. Anyone have a creative idea? Thanks!

Jill from Plankinton, SD

I go to Ardmore High School. We are black and gold and our mascot is the tiger. Our freshman class is trying to come up with an idea for our freshman homecoming float. We are playing the West Limestone Wildcats. Their colors are blue and white. Please send me your ideas. Thanks.

Shelby from Alabama

Answers

How about renting/borrowing a black or gold cool looking car, (best would be convertible) and festooning it with black and gold balloons? Have cute girls (Cheerleaders?) ride the float dressed in black leotards wrapped with gold ribbons with tiger faces painted on (?) You could make little gold tiger ears attached to black headbands. They could smile and wave like beauty queens.

I am on the Student Council of River City Christian School and we are responsible for making the homecoming float. We don't have any ideas about how to make it. Our school colors are purple and gold. Please help!

Chuck

Answers

hpe this helps

http://www.vall  g.com/howto.html

We need ideas for a homecoming float for our Native college (Oglala Lakota College). Our theme is "go hard or go home"; any ideas?

By John R.H.

Our freshman class needs to come up with a homecoming float idea for the Greyhounds. Our school is the Green Demons, and we are playing the Greyhounds. Any ideas?

By Annabelle S.

We are working on our homecoming float with the theme: "Mirror mirror on the wall, the knights are going to take the ball." I have a couple of ideas, but I'm wanting more input. Our school mascot is Knights. Everyone will be doing Cinderella type stuff, but I want to be original.

By Jon from Thomaston, GA

We are trying to make a "Horton Hears a Who" float for our homecoming. We have no idea how to make an elephant. Do you have any ideas how to make an elephant to fit on a trailer?

By heat avery

What is a good homecoming float for the Oakley Hornets vs the Valley Vikings?

By A Magana

We are the Yellow Jackets (orange and navy blue) and we are playing the Wildcats. Our theme is "Pound the Wildcats" and I'm in charge of the freshman float for our parade! I need some help on how to fix up the trailer,what to put on the trailer, and best way to decorate the trailer!

By Nikki

The freshman are doing a float. We are the Thunder and are playing the Mustangs, any ideas?

By Madison

We need a homecoming float idea for the 50s and a saying for Cardinals vs. Ramblers.

By CB

Load More