Eggnog Logs

Ingredients

• 1 cup softened butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 tsp. rum flavoring
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. nutmeg
  • Ad
  • 1/4 tsp. salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream softened butter with the flavorings. Beat in the sugar, then mix in the egg.

In a separate bowl, stir the flour, nutmeg and salt. Add to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until a ball of dough forms.

Shape the dough into snakes, about 1/2 inch in diameter and cut on an angle in 3 inch lengths.

Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cook.

When cool, drizzle with white and brown chocolate.

Source: I had to bring cookies for an exchange and wanted something easy (of course!) but of an interesting shape so that the'd look nice on a plate of mixed goodies. I was very happy with the results and they taste great too!

By LovingLynden from Lynden, WA

I made these from a Taste of Home magazine many years ago for a cookie exchange. (I save all my old issues !!!) They were a memorable hit and many of my friends commented that the log shaped cookie made their round cookie platters more interesting. One thing that was a bit different about my recipe was that the logs were iced with a white frosting and then a fork was dragged through the icing lengthwise and lightly dusted with nutmeg.

Sounds good! I probably will give these a try! Thanks!

Eggnog Cookie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies ChristmasDecember 18, 2008
A wood stove with firelogs in it.
Using Fire Logs
Eggnog Cake
Eggnog Cake Recipes
Sugar Free Eggnog
Sugar Free Eggnog Recipes
Fake Logs
Making Fake Logs
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:55:24 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.