Cream Cheese Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
The addition of cream cheese to the batter makes these thumbprint cookies even better. This page contains a cream cheese thumbprint cookie recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I had these at my friend Melanie's house, and they are definitely going to be one that we make every year!
Yield: Approx. 32 cookies
Source: All Recipes - Apricot Cream Cheese Thumbprints
- 1 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 large lemon (2 Tbsp. juice and 1 1/2 tsp. zest)
- 4 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fruit preserves (I used Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricot and Red Raspberry)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, soften cream cheese.
- Add sugar and softened butter.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Beat eggs, one at a time, into cream cheese mixture.
- Zest one large lemon.
- Add to cream cheese mixture.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon for juice.
- Add 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add combined dry ingredients to cream cheese mixture in small amounts mixing well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until dough is firm.
- Scoop out 1 Tbsp. dough and roll into a ball in your hands. Continue until all the dough is shaped.
- Place the dough balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Gently press your thumb into the center of each dough ball, leaving an indentation.
- Turn your thumb and press again for a more uniform cavity.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp. preserves into the center of each cookie. Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Note: I prefer a softer cookie, so I do not bake them until the edges turn golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet. Then place them on a wire rack to cool thoroughly. When packing them into a container, I recommend not stacking them directly on top of each other, as they will stick together.
June 13, 20160 found this helpful
These classic jam thumbprint cookies are even more delicious with the addition of cream cheese. Learn how to make them in this short video.
In This Guide