Gift Wrap With Sewing Remnants

Gift wrap can get expensive, plus it tears easily if you are wrapping an odd shaped, or sharp cornered gift. I used cloth remnants from sewing projects instead of wrapping paper and found they were oohed and aahed over as much as the gift was. Then I began picking them up at garage sales, as well as small pieces from yard good stores, just for wrappings. Many wallpaper ends also make wonderful gift wraps. The price is right, too.

By Rae

We are involved in many environmental projects here. Buying things locally, sustainable, durable products are paramount in our community. Plastics are a no-no and I came up with a wonderful gift wrap for a wedding gift.

We gave the couple a lovely set of carving knives that I purchased locally. They were in a gold box. I wrapped the box in a lace doilymade of pretty lace I had here at the house, having the scalloped edge on top. The edges were taped nicely.

I put ribbon and a bow on top along with a flower.

There was no paper to throw out and the doily can be used for years to come!

Recycled Wrapping Paper
Recycled Wrapping Paper Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas GiftsOctober 14, 2004
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
brown paper gift wrap
Frugal Gift Wrapping Ideas
Storing Carpet Remnants
Storing Carpet Remnants
Uses for Carpet Remnants
Uses for Carpet Remnants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 22, 2016 at 1:07:12 AM on in 965 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.