Make Your Own Gift Wrap from Recycled Packing Paper

Using recycled brown packing paper and paint, markers, etc. you can make unique gift wrap. The folds just lend character. This is a guide about how to make your own gift wrap from recycled packing paper.

I have an abundance of packaging paper that I receive and save from my online purchases.

One great way to re-use the packaging paper is to make my own gift wrapping paper. I personally do not believe in purchasing gift wrap paper at full price because it is going in the trash afterwards. When I do receive presents with gift wrap paper, I try my best to rip as little as possible so I can reuse the wrapping paper.

This is a simple and easy way to create your own gift wrapping paper with everyday essentials that we have at home. If you do not want circles, you can cut shapes or the pattern you like from cardboard and use that as your stamp.

This is perfect, especially for wrapping irregular shapes, adding your own personal touch to a gift and overall, it's fun, easy, and one of a kind, not to mention thoughtful too!

• bottle cap
  • paint
  • packaging paper
  • tape
  • ribbon

1. Find the packaging paper size that will fit the item you will be wrapping. I purchased this lovely candle for my mom. It's from Bath & Body Works for Home in eucalyptus scent made with essential oils. It smells amazing!
  2. Using your paint color of choice, pour some into a bowl. It is time to design your wrapping paper. I went with dots using bottle caps.
  3. Allow your paper to dry.
  4. Ad

5. Ready to wrap your gift! Since candles are awkward to wrap, I just went with the flow and taped as I went along. Then I tied a bow at the top. I received the complimentary ribbon from Bath & Body Works.

Brilliant idea! Thanks a bunch for posting this (I really hate throwing out all that paper and am delighted to find a way to use it). Thinking about ways to decorate that paper? No end, really. Sparkle nail polish, judicious use of spray paint over paper doilies or snowflakes, washi tape, stickers / decals .... What fun it will be to individualize things for gift recipients.

Yes you are absolutely right! You can use nail polishes as well, stickers, and just personalize to the recipient :)