Making Wrapping Paper and a Bow from Packaging Materials
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
August 7, 2018
If you are an online shopper, some companies send a lot of packaging items (i.e.: filling, bubblewrap, tissue paper, etc.) and I keep them because they can be useful like for making your own wrapping paper. I didn't have any wrapping paper besides Christmas theme, so I came up with this using kraft paper and a bow made from tissue paper from Victoria's Secret.
Total Time: 30 minutes + drying time
- bubble wrap
- pipe cleaner
- paint brush
- kraft paper from online packaging order
- tissue paper from Victoria's Secret
- Cut your desired shape as your bubble wrap stamp. I cut my bubble wrap in a square shape.
- Paint your square bubble wrap with your chosen paint color(s).
- Stamp and repeat. Reapply paint when needed and stamp away. Allow to dry.
- The next day, I wrapped a birthday gift (sprinklers)
- As an accent, I made a bow from tissue paper. I cut 4 sheets of tissue paper measuring 10.5" long by 4" wide and stacked them on top of each other.
- Fold accordion style and secure the middle of the tissue paper with a pipe cleaner.
- I cut a triangle on both ends, you can opt for rounded if you'd like.
- Carefully fluff out all the layers of the bow. The more tissue paper used, the fuller your bow will be.
- Secure bow to gift with tape.
Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 320 Answers
August 7, 20180 found this helpful
Excellent re-use ideas! Thanks for sharing.
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 523 Posts
August 12, 20180 found this helpful
The flower looks like a beautiful carnation!
Pat yourself on the back!
August 12, 20210 found this helpful
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.