Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Using Wallpaper for Wrapping Presents

Wallpaper is sturdy and comes in many colors and motifs, making it a nice alternative to ordinary wrapping paper. Use leftovers from your last project or remnants found at thrift stores or yard sales. This is a guide about using wallpaper for wrapping presents.

September 29, 2010 Flag

Use leftover wallpaper for wrapping paper for gifts. You can also use the leftover wallpaper for drawing paper for children's art projects as well.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 14, 2014 Flag

I like to pick-up remnants/rolls at yardsales/thrift stores. I use them as wrapping paper for presents.

Do not wet the whole piece. How do I know? I did that once. The paper had a plastic coating and left the box damp for several days. I gave it to them early to open. The paper is also a lot sturdier.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 20, 2005 Flag

Old leftover wallpaper makes great gift wrap! Stick a piece of old lace or ribbon around your gift and you've got one beautiful package. I'm an avid recycler, why waste that leftover wallpaper? Also, most thrift stores sell rolls of wallpaper for a fraction of what you'd pay for new gift wrap.

By Susan from Mattoon, IL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have lots and lots of rolls of wallpaper and use them for most anything...and wrapping gifts with it is a beautiful idea...I have even made bows out of it.

I buy wallpaper at thrift shops, yard sales, etc. and sometimes you can buy a double roll for 25 cents...that is a lot of wallpaper for such a small price. thank you for sharing this great tip.