Using Butcher Paper for Gift Wrap

Butcher paper makes simple classic looking gift wrap and is easy to decorate if you want a more personalized style. This is a guide about using butcher paper for gift wrap.

Sometimes at Dollar Stores or Dollar Trees, they sell rolls of the brown packaging paper. One Christmas, I wrapped my packages in it and used nice, red plaid ribbons. They looked old-timey and traditional.

By Ree

I use butcher paper for the kids to draw on, and it also doubles for wrapping presents. The kids love to decorate the paper and make their own cards out of it, too. Friends and relatives can't wait to receive their gift and cards, and they keep the "artwork," too. Butcher paper costs about $12 a roll and lasts more then a year. Butchers have been very willing to order it for me. They usually place their orders once a week. Plus, it is great to wrap items for the freezer.

By Diane, Michigan