Fabric for Gift Wrapping

I started this at Christmas time to reduce garbage, expensive gift wrapping costs and environmental waste.

I bought inexpensive holiday material (after Christmas they will be cheap) and simply sew it up along the sides and hem the top and it resembles various size "Santa's Sacks", which I used to put my children's gifts in! I would tie it with a wide ribbon, tie on a tag (also all reusable). Looks like Santa brought a lot of goodies!

You may also do this for birthdays with different material! Ho-ho-ho!

By Be-Be Eyes from Sterling, PA

I also wrap baby shower gifts in baby recieving blankets. I use baby diaper pins to hold fabric in place when wrapped....

We have Christmas every year at my daughter's place. We use "Christmas BAGS" for the majority of our gift wrapping... You can usually buy 2 of them for a dollar at most "dollar stores"... or even cheeper at AFTER Christmas sales!... But, that's cheap, because we re-use the same bags year after year, after year. My daughter simply collects them up & folds them down to a small size & keeps them in a box for next year's gift-wrapping.

Some are ONE solid color (Like gold & silver)... We like these best because they can be used for many holidays (birthdays, weddings etc)... Some of these gift bags we've been using for 5 or 6 years... Gift Bags are not only easy to re-use, they are SOOO easy to wrap up a gift quickly, using no box, no bow & no wrapping paper... What could be better! .. Every year at Thanksgiving, we get out the Christmas bags from the "Bag Box" & divide these between whoever wants to use them... then on Christmas night, back they go into the box for next year...

---> Now THAT'S Recycling!!!

Wrap things with towels. You an use Christmas or just plain bath towels. Gary Dominicus

For certain gifts I have used:

Baby Shower: I wrap the gift in receiving blankets or baby towels and use Baby Diaper/Safety Pins to keep it together. Use baby washcloths and a rattle/toy for the bow.

Also for Baby Shower Gift, I have often purchased a Diaper Bag that served as a box and filled it with all sorts of baby items. Onesies, receiving blankets, wipes, bottles, rattles, etc. I also accented it with Baby's Breath.

Kitchen Item - Kitchen Towels/Cloths and a small kitchen item for the bow.

Bathroom/Bedroom - Depending on the size, I use large Bath Towels/Sheets and Washcloths or Handtowels to make the bow and/or attach a bag of potpouri.

I have purchased the large decorative boxes (design depends on the event).EXAMPLE: a large round box with the lid and and ribbon handle - like a hat box and it said "It's a Girl". Lined with receiving blankets and put all sorts of baby girl items. I recently used a Blue Tool Box for a baby boy's gift.

You can do this with all the holidays.

I have been doing this since - 1969.

A woman wrapping Christmas gifts.
Christmas Gift Wrapping Tips
Crafts Gifts Wrapping PaperDecember 21, 2007
brown paper gift wrap
Frugal Gift Wrapping Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift Wrapped Bottle
Gift Wrapping Bottles
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas