Save on Textured Snow

As an avid crafter, I am always looking for ways to save money on supplies. I often experiment with ideas in hopes that I can recreate an item that will last longer and cost less. Recently, I tried several places to purchase textured snow for some Christmas projects. None of the stores I was close to stocked it, so my mind went into overdrive. There had to be something I could use that would produce the same effect and hold up well. I did have a home store near by and went in to look around. Soon, I had my solution.

Textured snow comes in different size containers, but the 4 oz. size is the most easily found. It costs approximately $4.25. I recently found it online for $4.19. The same place offered the 16 oz. size for $13.24. Instead, I purchased this textured additive from the home store for $4.25. It is enough texture to add to a gallon of paint and comes in 3 ranges of texture. You can add it to any kind of paint.

I leave it in dry form and just add enough for the craft I am using it on. Pour your paint into a bowl and sprinkle some texture on. Stir up well and add more if needed. The crafts I worked on only needed one teaspoon of the texture, so I see it lasting a long time.

I have used it on several crafts since my discovery, and it works just fine.

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

Hello ! i remember that when I was a child my mother was making fake snow on the Christmas tree branches with just a mixture of water and flour. I don't know if it could work on something else than tree branches but it surely was cheap.

Catherine

Craft Supplies
Saving Money on Craft Supplies
Crafts ChristmasAugust 2, 2011
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
A bathtub.
Cleaning a Textured Bathtub Floor
Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Textured Flooring
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄