Save on Textured Snow

As an avid crafter, I am always looking for ways to save money on supplies. I often experiment with ideas in hopes that I can recreate an item that will last longer and cost less. Recently, I tried several places to purchase textured snow for some Christmas projects. None of the stores I was close to stocked it, so my mind went into overdrive. There had to be something I could use that would produce the same effect and hold up well. I did have a home store near by and went in to look around. Soon, I had my solution.

Textured snow comes in different size containers, but the 4 oz. size is the most easily found. It costs approximately $4.25. I recently found it online for $4.19. The same place offered the 16 oz. size for $13.24. Instead, I purchased this textured additive from the home store for $4.25. It is enough texture to add to a gallon of paint and comes in 3 ranges of texture. You can add it to any kind of paint.

I leave it in dry form and just add enough for the craft I am using it on. Pour your paint into a bowl and sprinkle some texture on. Stir up well and add more if needed. The crafts I worked on only needed one teaspoon of the texture, so I see it lasting a long time.

I have used it on several crafts since my discovery, and it works just fine.

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

Hello ! i remember that when I was a child my mother was making fake snow on the Christmas tree branches with just a mixture of water and flour. I don't know if it could work on something else than tree branches but it surely was cheap.

Catherine