Save Paper Scraps For Crafts

I do a lot of card making. Stock paper isn't really cheap, so if I have left over sentiments or papers from cutting out projects. I put them all in a basket next to my computer desk. Then if I need something, it is usually right there in the basket. I save a ton of paper, ink, and time by having the "scraps" right there for use on other projects. Some people may think I am a bit of a tightwad, but it actually saves me a lot of money having these scraps right where I can get to them. So, if you are an avid crafter those small pieces could come in very handy.

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

I save all my scraps from cardmaking and scrapbooking and use them later on cards. I made a collage card one time. My next one is going to be a quilt like card just pick out several papers that go together.

I also keep my scraps. I have a small accordion file where I keep the smaller bits by color and an entire file drawer by color of pages I have pulled from magazines, ads in the mail and larger cardstock scraps for future uses. It's amazing at the times I will need the smallest piece of a certain color for those finishing touches to a card and don't need to cut into a whole sheet of cardstock. Inspiration comes from lots of places and just looking through my files at all the colors can give me the spark to get a project going.

I save all my paper scraps too. I go as far to save all my teeny tiny pieces that most crafters throw away. I have found the tiny pieces to be the perfect size for dollhouse miniatures, & nail art. I save the tiny strips of paper for the perfect borders to use on ATC's & inchies. I have a pretty box from a puzzle I keep all my big pieces of scrap paper in. I have a tin can I keep my smaller scraps in. My teeny tiny paper I keep in a small sandwich bag. I love paper scraps. I think of them as a treasure trove just waiting for some imagination.

Supplies for Making Paper
Water
Scrap Papers
Plastic storage tub or vat

Kitchen blender  get one from the thrift store
Mould & Deckle (a screen attached to a frame) How-to make a mould & deckle >
Wood boards OR sponge & rolling pin
Towels, wool blankets, cloth, pellon, Sham-wows, or other absorbent material

STEP 1: CUT UP PAPER
Cut or rip up your paper into about 1 inch squares.
Soak your paper for a few hours or overnight.

Drawing, printmaking, and watercolor papers are best because they are generally made from stronger fibers (cloth rag and not chemically treated tree fiber).

However, experiment with junk mail, office paper, paper grocery bags, the yellow pages, rejection letters, and more. No plastic, people.

Also, experiment with different color combinations. There is more info on internet ---just thought you would be interested---also youtube may have videos