Putting an Artificial Tree in a Christmas Tree Stand - Categories:

TreeDecorations

Putting an Artificial Tree in a Christmas Tree Stand

When using an artificial Christmas tree many larger durable tree stands are too large. Buy some PVC pipe and cut it in small and equal pieces to place inside the tree stand to make a circle around the smaller tree base. If you have pets, you can drill holes in the PVC pipe and place the screws in the tree stand through the PVC pipe for extra durability to hold the tree in place (so even when animals jump on the tree or rub against it, it is very study and the tree does not fall over).

By Carol Sissom

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Why not use the stand that comes with the tree? I have never yet had one tip over, and I have a really small living room and four overly tall, clumsy because of their height rambunctious grand kids.

Do you mean stand them up by/around the "stem" of the tree? I have several artificial trees as I like to decorate! One broke a piece off of the base, I would like to put it in a regular stand that I have. Thanks! You may have helped me to keep the tree out of a landfill!

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeDecember 5, 2004
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Artificial Christmas Tree and Decorations in a Box
Storing an Artificial Christmas Tree
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:15:10 PM on 10.0.1.204 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.