FrugalGifts

Chicken-Rice Gift Bowls

I am always looking for ways to make Christmas gifts that are actually useful and will be appreciated. I found these darling little bowls at the Dollar General, and decided to make some little gifts out of them and my favorite Knorr Rice Mix packages. Any brand will do.

I made sure that the little bowl would hold the mix. You can take out a teaspoon or two if it doesn't fit in the bowl. I added a few little red velvet bows, and wrote the recipe down on a piece of an old Christmas card. Then I cut out a rectangle shape from the Christmas card and folded it. I then attached the recipe circle to the little rectangle duct taped to the top of the bowl with a paper clip. It makes the recipe stand up on top.

All of these items can be reused again, except for the little rectangle. I put one in my pantry, to make sure I had one too, and didn't run out and end up without one for myself.

There is something about giving to others, that makes the Christmas season special. I love gifting and I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did.

Aren't you sweet! And I like that you wrote the recipe on part of an old Christmas card.

One person's trash is still trash. Why go to the trouble...