Decorating an Artificial Christmas Tree

Category Tree
Artificial trees have some advantages over fresh ones, especially if they are pre-lit. The actual adding of seasonal decorations, however, is basically the same as with a fresh tree. This is a page about decorating an artificial Christmas tree.

This is the first year in 44 years that I didn't put up a fresh cut Christmas tree. I truly can't believe I caved in and got this artificial tree. Well this year, my health is not good. Not having a significant other now, I rely on my 3 sons a lot. My son suggested, "Mom, you really should consider an artificial tree", not only to make it easier on them but for safety reasons. Well, I caved in and said yes. He bought it and I could not believe how easy it was to set up. But, it just did not look right to me. I had to go to the drawing board and create my real looking tree by filling in those empty spots.

Well, here is what I did. By the way, I usually decorate my Christmas tree in themes every year; by color, ribbons, bows or different decorations. Here are my pictures of what I bought at Michael's and what I did with this beautiful tree that I am now thrilled with. This year my theme was "poinsettias and gold beaded sprays"

I always had a beautiful full fresh real Christmas tree until I became alone. It was just too much! So with my artificial tree, I had to start getting crafty with it! Let me show you! I went to the Dollar store and bought bunches of poinsettias & sprays of holly. I filled in all the spaces with these bunches and added a few sets of extra clear lights!

Last year, my theme was red bows.

That was so pretty! My favorite is the poinsettias. You can be so creative at the Dollar Store! I hope you enjoy the pictures as I am enjoying my tree!

When using an artificial Christmas tree many larger durable tree stands are too large. Buy some PVC pipe and cut it in small and equal pieces to place inside the tree stand to make a circle around the smaller tree base.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeDecember 6, 2016
🎃