Getting Christmas Help for Teenagers in New Jersey

My 5 teenagers and I lost our home and currently live in a motel in Absecon, New Jersey. Every place I call says my kids are too old. Anyone have an idea?

By Diane

I noticed on the right hand side of the page request is a link for help in New Jersey. I will try and think of something else but my mind is blank at the moment,

Try your local churches. Many should have Angel Trees where the childrens names will be placed on it with an idea of what they would like and someone at the church will buy it wrap it and place the name back on it. The presents will then be ready for distribution.

I am am ELK. Contact your local BPOE (Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks) We help families. Also, most lodges do a free Thanksgiving dinner for families and singles.

A lot of people are alone for the holidays and it's a place to be welcomed. There is no charge. Your teens may even be willing to volunteer to help serve etc. But they don't have to. I would also contact churches.

Try some local churches; usually churches will "adopt" families for Christmas. I know my church is adopting a sigle mom and her children who range in age from 1 year to teen-agers. Also check with the Salvation Army.

Diane,
I am a Registered Nurse from Tampa, but I am from NJ and know many people with very big hearts who would like to help you over Christmas fill your wish list for your teenagers. Please contact me back. We would like to help make your Christmas special.

Happy Holidays, Tami

Hi I'm a single mom of 4 children 3 boys 2 that have autism and a girl. My husband walked out on us 18 months ago and we have been struggling to get by, if uou know of any places please let me know I have 3 over the age of 13 and my 10 year old son is autistic with severe learning disabilities. Im also disabled I receive SSI any help would be greatly appreciated especially with clothes for them. Thank uou again.

Have you tried this link to get some assistance?

www.2hands.org/.../in-new-jersey.php

PS, if you post your question as a new question (new thread) on this site, you will get more exposure and possibly more answers.

The link to do that is:

www2.thriftyfun.com/.../share.lasso?share_id=11

You have to be logged on to the site to do this! Prayers for all!