Making Jack-O'-Lantern Stuffed Bell Peppers
A favorite meal that can be prepared in a festive way for Halloween. This guide is about making jack-o-lantern stuffed bell peppers
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These cute jack-o-lantern stuffed peppers are perfect for Halloween dinner!
Total Time: 55-65 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 batch of black bean stuffing (or your favorite), see link below
- 6-8 orange and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Black Bean Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add water to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Wash bell peppers, then cut the tops off. Remove the seeds and membranes. Set the tops aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Put peppers (not the tops) into the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from pot and pat dry. Using a small knife (or a pumpkin carving knife) cut a jack-o-lantern face into each pepper.
- Stuff each pepper with filling.
- Top peppers with cheese, then place them into baking dish. Put the tops back onto the peppers.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peppers are tender.
- Just for fun you can switch the tops if using two different colored peppers. :)
September 23, 20141 found this helpful
These Jack-o'-lantern stuffed bell peppers are the perfect dinner for Halloween. Learn how we prepared them by watching this short video.
To go directly to the recipe on ThriftyFun, here is the link: