Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipes

Category Main Dishes
A wonderful way to prepare bell peppers is with a filling. This page contains stuffed bell pepper recipes.

I prefer green bell peppers but the sweeter red or orange bell peppers work well too.

• 6 bell peppers, tops sliced off and set aside, seeds removed
  • 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup celery, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, or more to taste
  • 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 lb. ground pork
  • 1 cup cooked rice
  • 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Sauté onion, celery, and garlic in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until onion and celery are tender. Add the ground pork and continue sautéing until pork is no longer pink and remove from heat.

Stir in rice and then cheese. Fill bell peppers with mixture. Place peppers in a baking dish bottom side down. Cover with the pepper tops that were set aside.

Bake until peppers are tender and filling is heated through, about 25 to 35 minutes.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

I use my jumbo muffin pan when I make stuffed peppers. Each muffin container is just the right size to hold a delicious stuffed pepper without it tipping over. My jumbo muffin pan holds 6 stuffed bell peppers very nicely!

By LasVegasAngel

Delicious with a spoonful of the sauce in the pan poured over the pepper.

Total Time: 1 - 1 1/2 hour

Yield: 4-6 servings

Source: Family recipe

• 3 parboiled green peppers (extra large)*, Cut each pepper in haf, remove seeded and stems inside, Par boil, until slightly soft, remove from water and set aside!
  • 1 lb extra lean (90-95%) ground beef
  • 1 Box Jambalaya rice mix
  • 1 can (14 oz.) black beans
  • 1 cup medium salsa
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (fresh)
  • 1 8 oz. bag shredded Mexican cheese
  • Seasonings to taste: seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic, cumin

1. Start with your peppers already parboiled. Using a large covered skillet, grill ground beef with the onion, celery, green pepper and mushroom. Add seasonings and salsa.
  2. Add Jambalaya rice mix to the ground beef mixture. Simmer using the directions on the box of Jambalaya mix. Add black beans and simmer until thickens, about 30 minutes.
  3. Put your half peppers face up in a 9x13 inch glass casserole dish. Fill each pepper and place it in the dish. After filling them, you can over fill them by topping them each off with remaining mixture. Put a spoonful of salsa on each one and a tablespoon of cheese on top also.
  4. Cook in a 350 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling hot! Delicious with a spoonful of the sauce in the pan poured over the pepper.
  5. Ad

• 2 green peppers
  • 1/2 lb. hamburger
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Cut green peppers in half and clean out seeds and wash; put in small baking dish. Brown hamburger; cook rice. Put taco seasoning in hamburger and stir in cooked rice and about 1/4 can of tomato sauce. Fill green peppers with hamburger mixture. Pour rest of tomato sauce over green peppers. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. The last 5 minutes top each pepper with grated cheese and put back into oven until cheese is melted.

By Robin from Washington, IA

• 4 large green bell peppers
  • 2 cans (14-1/2 oz.) fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
  • Ad

• 2 cups cooked pearl barley (I pre-cook the day before if going to be in a time pinch)
  • 1 cup cooked chicken, roughly chopped
  • 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds, discard stems and place, cut side up, in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.

Combine the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and pepper sauce in a large bowl. Stir in the barley, chicken and beans and spoon mixture in to the peppers. Cover and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.

Sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

This will become one of your favorite recipes once you've tried it! It's so easy, delicious and very healthy. A Points Plus+ recipe as well.

In a large skillet, saute pork and onions for 5 minutes or until pork is browned, then season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, rice, and water.

I like to make this in the summer when we have a lot of peppers from the garden. The kids love the mac 'n cheese

Here's what I do when I want stuffed peppers, when I'm trying to watch my weight. Chop 1 med. onion and 1 large or 2 med. green peppers. Place in fry pan with a lil water and cook slightly until tender. Set aside. . .

Stuffed peppers is a versatile recipe that is easy to make and inexpensive too. Changing up the stuffing routinely keeps them from being boring, unless you have a personal favorite. This is a guide about stuffed green peppers.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Mix together ground chuck, rice, egg, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, catsup, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Arrange pepper halves in a baking dish.

This meatless stuffed pepper recipe uses seasoned brown rice as the stuffing. It is a delicious alternative to meat based recipes. This is a guide about brown rice stuffed peppers.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

The yellow bell pepper is somewhat sweeter than the green, but just as good a choice for making your favorite stuffed pepper recipe. This is a guide about stuffed yellow peppers.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

Cut tops from peppers; clean out seeds and membrane as desired. Drop into boiling water and boil for 2-5 minutes. Peppers from store will require 5 minutes, but fresh from garden only 2-3 minutes.

Cut peppers in halves, lengthwise. Remove and discard stem ends and seeds. Parboil in boiling salted water for 10 minutes; drain. Add sugar and basil to can of tomato sauce, set aside; brown ground beef and onion well in a large skillet.

A delicious stuffed green pepper recipe.

Recipe for Crab Stuffed Peppers. Steam and pick out Snow Crab. From 2 lbs. of Clusters, you should have about 8 oz. of crabmeat. (It usually fills an 8 oz size cool whip tub!) Set aside...

I am looking for a delicious stuffed bell pepper recipe, a little different from all the rest. Does anyone have one?

Sabrina from Council, N.C.

Answers

I just made stuffed peppers for the first time and they were great. I used ground turkery breast (husband dieting and getting blood pressure under control) about a cup or so low sodium chicken stock (I found out that Rachel Ray's is lower in everything and beats the other lower sodium name brand), half an onion, a bit of pepper, some parsley, rosemary, and rice (I only buy instant--I always mess up the regular) Sorry, I didn't measure and I only used dry herbs.

The next night--I used the leftover meat in a lowfat wheat tortilla, romain lettue, and South Beach's Diet Ranch dressing...cold and Yummy!

Try going to www.allrecipes.com and entering search subject. You'll get several recipes that are all a little different.

I have a fun easy one that you don't have to cook. I use the red, yellow and orange sweet peppers. Seed them and cut into quarters. Next crush one sleeve of saltine crackers. Add shredded cheese ( a handful or two) and just enough mayo to make it stick together. Fill the peppers and a quick easy healthy snack. I hope you enjoy this! God bless you.

<b>Stuffed Green Bell Peppers </b>

1 lb lean ground beef or sirloin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 large bell peppers
1 -2 cans tomato soup (Do not add water to soup)
1 cup instant rice or regular long grain rice (Cooked)
aluminum foil

Steps
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Fill saucepan 3/4 full of hot water, cover and place on high heat to boil for bell peppers.

3. Preheat sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
4. Place ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in sauté pan. Cook for 7-10 minutes until brown, and all pink is gone. Stir frequently, breaking meat up into small crumbles as it cooks. Drain well.

5. Wash bell peppers; cut tops off and remove seeds. Trim bottom of bell peppers evenly. (This will help peppers to stand upright.) Add peppers to boiling water, cover and boil for 3-5 minutes.
6. Stir cooked and cooled rice into meat mixture.

7. Using tongs, remove bell peppers and stand upright in 8-inch baking dish.
8. Remove meat mixture from heat and pack each bell pepper with mixture, mounding the top. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Serve.

Here's the recipe I always use. Not only are these peppers delicious but easy to make!

Microwave Stuffed Peppers

1 pound of ground chuck
&frac; cup instant rice
1 egg, beaten
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
&frac; cup catsup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp salt
&frac; tsp pepper
3 large peppers cut in half lengthwise
1/3 cup water
1 Tbsp sugar

Mix together ground chuck, rice, egg, onion, &frac; cup tomato sauce, catsup, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Arrange pepper halves in a baking dish. Fill with meat mixture. Mix together remaining tomato sauce, water and sugar. Pour over green peppers. Cover with a tight fitting lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on medium high for 20 to 25 minutes until meat is no longer pink and peppers are tender.

Note: you can use smaller peppers but then you will need to have morehow ever many to use up meat mixture. This will re-heat and freeze nicely.

UNSTUFFED PEPPERS...
Instead of stuffing the peppers, I cut the peppers into bite size pieces, parboil, and then mix with the seasoned meat-rice mixture. Place in a greased pan. I pour sauce on top; and then place uncooked bacon on top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees about 50 minutes or until done. Uncover the last 10 minutes. Tastes better reheated the next day. This is my family's favorite.

I just make them the way I usually do and then add a package of crumbled Feta cheese. Makes all the difference in the world!

I make mine Greek style. I brown some beef (or use leftover taco meat), boil some rice and combine this with spaghetti sauce. Then, I crush in some feta cheese. I hollow out the peppers, fill with the meat/rice/cheese mixture and place in a pyrex pan. Then, I water down some of the spaghetti sauce and pour that so it is half-way up the peppers, and drizzle the peppers with olive oil (lots of it). Cook as usual. They turn out very moist.

I adapted a one dish dinner recipe from Albertson's to stuff my peppers.

1 box Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice
1 small jar hot sauce
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, rinsed and drained
4 bell peppers
shredded cheese

Prepare rice according to package directions using hot sauce to taste as part of the liquid measurement. Meanwhile, cut off the tops of bell peppers, seed and blanch. Drain well. When rice is done, stir in beans and corn. Stuff peppers with mixture and top with cheese. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes at 350. These4 also freeze well. Just wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store in freezer bag. Microwave after unwrapping for a quick meal.

I usually use my meatloaf recipe that calls for chili sauce. At least my family likes my meatloaf now.

Anonymous

After the peppers finish baking, remove them from the pan. Stir 1 cup sour cream into the pan drippings. Return the peppers to the pan, serve the sauce over the peppers. This makes any stuffed pepper recipe sooo good.

I am looking for an easy crock pot stuffed bell peppers recipe that will fit a 3 1/2 crock pot. I would prefer it to be diabetic friendly. Thank you.

By Raeb22 from Denver, CO

Answers

This is a very good one, and this is another great website:
http://crockpot  pper-recipe.html Good luck.

Here is another website: http://southern  rock/blcpidx.htm

When I make stuffed peppers I cut the pepper sideways, it is easier to clean them out and stuff them and they cook a little faster. I also use grains {due to diabetes} like barley instead of rice; I also sometimes use Italian sausage {cooked and crumbled, remove casing} along with Arborio rice and use some mozzarella or provolone on top along with the spaghetti sauce.

To thicken up a stuffing that is a little too watery, try adding some finely ground oat groats, oatmeal, or tapioca flour, you get the added bonus of fiber and any spices you add will cover the added ingredients of oats and no one can tell it's in there.

You can also add tofu {firm, strained, you can crumble it into a zip bag and mush around with some spices}, leftover taco meat, shredded beef, leftover chicken, edamame {edible soybeans---if you never had these please try them, they look like lima beans but taste is very subtle and wonderful and available all year long in the frozen section, low in calories, has protein and fiber}

Stuffed peppers are easy to fill if you think outside the box and use what you and your family will enjoy eating, that leads to less wasted money on food too.

Recently, a pal and I were talking over lunch, what we were going to prepare for dinner that night for our family. She sighed and wished for an easier way of making 'Stuffed Bell Peppers.' I asked why, I make them, doesn't take hardly any time at all. She replied that by the time she pares her peppers, cuts them in 1/2, boils the peppers, drains the peppers, mixes her meat, rice, etc. and cooks that, then stuffs the peppers, and then fixes the peppers to bake. By that time, she's messed up nearly every pan in her kitchen and too tired to do much else.

I told her that I'd never made my Stuffed peppers that way. She replied "what OTHER way, is there?" I told her, I wash my peppers, cut out any bad spots and cut around the top of the stem area making a hole not much bigger, then empty out all seeds and set aside both parts (top and bottom) of the peppers. I then prepare my meat similar to meat loaf, complete with either: bread crumbs, rice, oatmeal, etc. Mix meat and ingredients altogether and stuff my peppers with the meat mixture and place the top of the pepper (stem) on top of meat filled pepper, closing with about 4 toothpicks. I place the peppers in a deep pan large enough so they'll all fit snugly. Give them all a few shots of Worcestershire sauce.

In a small bowl, I use 2-3 small cans of tomato sauce, and some brown sugar; mix well and pour over the top of the peppers. Place peppers in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hr. This way, you've only dirtied 2 bowls, the baking pan and maybe a couple of spoons. These can also be cooked in a slow cooker or crockpot. Great for family get-togethers, or single family meals. Can also be frozen for meals later on.

I do recommend if going to serve as leftovers, make sure you mix enough of the tomato sauce topping and serve along with the peppers. This is my Daddy's favorite meal!

By Terri H.

Answers:

Stuffed Bell Peppers

Quick stuffed peppers: In a 2 qt. microwave dish with a tight cover ( I have a microwave pressure cooker) cook hamburger, onion,cut up top of pepper. then add rice or bread crumbs and what ever spices or what ever you like.
Take the peppers which you have sliced off the very top and cleaned out the seeds, etc. Put meat mixture in the peppers, put back in the same cooker that you fixed the meat in and a little water in the pan, cover and cook in the microwave for about 15 min. P.S. sometimes I stuff with stuffing mix instead of meat mix. Easy 1 dish, 1 spoon. (03/20/2005)

By Connie