Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipes

Category Main Dishes
A wonderful way to prepare bell peppers is with a filling. This page contains stuffed bell pepper recipes.

I have always loved stuffed peppers, but stuffed zucchini is fabulous using the same stuffing!

baked Stuffed Peppers and Stuffed Zucchini

I prefer green bell peppers but the sweeter red or orange bell peppers work well too.

• 6 bell peppers, tops sliced off and set aside, seeds removed
  • 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup celery, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, or more to taste
  • 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 lb. ground pork
  • Advertisement

• 1 cup cooked rice
  • 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Sauté onion, celery, and garlic in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until onion and celery are tender. Add the ground pork and continue sautéing until pork is no longer pink and remove from heat.

Stir in rice and then cheese. Fill bell peppers with mixture. Place peppers in a baking dish bottom side down. Cover with the pepper tops that were set aside.

Bake until peppers are tender and filling is heated through, about 25 to 35 minutes.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

I use my jumbo muffin pan when I make stuffed peppers. Each muffin container is just the right size to hold a delicious stuffed pepper without it tipping over. My jumbo muffin pan holds 6 stuffed bell peppers very nicely!

By LasVegasAngel

Delicious with a spoonful of the sauce in the pan poured over the pepper.

Total Time: 1 - 1 1/2 hour

Yield: 4-6 servings

Source: Family recipe

• 3 parboiled green peppers (extra large)*, Cut each pepper in haf, remove seeded and stems inside, Par boil, until slightly soft, remove from water and set aside!
  • 1 lb extra lean (90-95%) ground beef
  • 1 Box Jambalaya rice mix
  • 1 can (14 oz.) black beans
  • 1 cup medium salsa
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (fresh)
  • 1 8 oz. bag shredded Mexican cheese
  • Seasonings to taste: seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic, cumin

1. Start with your peppers already parboiled. Using a large covered skillet, grill ground beef with the onion, celery, green pepper and mushroom. Add seasonings and salsa.
  2. Advertisement

3. Add Jambalaya rice mix to the ground beef mixture. Simmer using the directions on the box of Jambalaya mix. Add black beans and simmer until thickens, about 30 minutes.
  4. Put your half peppers face up in a 9x13 inch glass casserole dish. Fill each pepper and place it in the dish. After filling them, you can over fill them by topping them each off with remaining mixture. Put a spoonful of salsa on each one and a tablespoon of cheese on top also.
  5. Cook in a 350 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling hot! Delicious with a spoonful of the sauce in the pan poured over the pepper.

Cut green peppers in half and clean out seeds and wash; put in small baking dish. Brown hamburger; cook rice.

Put taco seasoning in hamburger and stir in cooked rice and about 1/4 can of tomato sauce.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds, discard stems and place, cut side up, in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.

This will become one of your favorite recipes once you've tried it! It's so easy, delicious and very healthy. A Points Plus+ recipe as well.

In a large skillet, saute pork and onions for 5 minutes or until pork is browned, then season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, rice, and water.

I like to make this in the summer when we have a lot of peppers from the garden. The kids love the mac 'n cheese

Here's what I do when I want stuffed peppers, when I'm trying to watch my weight. Chop 1 med. onion and 1 large or 2 med.

green peppers. Place in fry pan with a lil water and cook slightly until tender. Set aside. . .

Mix together ground chuck, rice, egg, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, catsup, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Arrange pepper halves in a baking dish.

Cut tops from peppers; clean out seeds and membrane as desired. Drop into boiling water and boil for 2-5 minutes. Peppers from store will require 5 minutes, but fresh from garden only 2-3 minutes.

Cut peppers in halves, lengthwise. Remove and discard stem ends and seeds. Parboil in boiling salted water for 10 minutes; drain. Add sugar and basil to can of tomato sauce, set aside; brown ground beef and onion well in a large skillet.

A delicious stuffed green pepper recipe.

Recipe for Crab Stuffed Peppers. Steam and pick out Snow Crab. From 2 lbs. of Clusters, you should have about 8 oz. of crabmeat. (It usually fills an 8 oz size cool whip tub!) Set aside...

I am looking for a delicious stuffed bell pepper recipe, a little different from all the rest. Does anyone have one?

Sabrina from Council, N.C.

Answers

I just made stuffed peppers for the first time and they were great. I used ground turkery breast (husband dieting and getting blood pressure under control) about a cup or so low sodium chicken stock (I found out that Rachel Ray's is lower in everything and beats the other lower sodium name brand), half an onion, a bit of pepper, some parsley, rosemary, and rice (I only buy instant--I always mess up the regular) Sorry, I didn't measure and I only used dry herbs.

The next night--I used the leftover meat in a lowfat wheat tortilla, romain lettue, and South Beach's Diet Ranch dressing...cold and Yummy!

By Ashley (Guest Post)

Try going to www.allrecipes.com and entering search subject. You'll get several recipes that are all a little different.

By velsgal (Guest Post)

I have a fun easy one that you don't have to cook. I use the red, yellow and orange sweet peppers. Seed them and cut into quarters. Next crush one sleeve of saltine crackers. Add shredded cheese ( a handful or two) and just enough mayo to make it stick together. Fill the peppers and a quick easy healthy snack. I hope you enjoy this! God bless you.

By Tina (Guest Post)

Stuffed Green Bell Peppers

1 lb lean ground beef or sirloin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 large bell peppers
1 -2 cans tomato soup (Do not add water to soup)
1 cup instant rice or regular long grain rice (Cooked)
aluminum foil

Steps
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Fill saucepan 3/4 full of hot water, cover and place on high heat to boil for bell peppers.

3. Preheat sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
4. Place ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in sauté pan. Cook for 7-10 minutes until brown, and all pink is gone. Stir frequently, breaking meat up into small crumbles as it cooks. Drain well.

5. Wash bell peppers; cut tops off and remove seeds. Trim bottom of bell peppers evenly. (This will help peppers to stand upright.) Add peppers to boiling water, cover and boil for 3-5 minutes.
6. Stir cooked and cooled rice into meat mixture.

7. Using tongs, remove bell peppers and stand upright in 8-inch baking dish.
8. Remove meat mixture from heat and pack each bell pepper with mixture, mounding the top. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Serve.

Here's the recipe I always use. Not only are these peppers delicious but easy to make!

Microwave Stuffed Peppers

1 pound of ground chuck
&frac; cup instant rice
1 egg, beaten
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
&frac; cup catsup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp salt
&frac; tsp pepper
3 large peppers cut in half lengthwise
1/3 cup water
1 Tbsp sugar

Mix together ground chuck, rice, egg, onion, &frac; cup tomato sauce, catsup, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Arrange pepper halves in a baking dish. Fill with meat mixture. Mix together remaining tomato sauce, water and sugar. Pour over green peppers. Cover with a tight fitting lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on medium high for 20 to 25 minutes until meat is no longer pink and peppers are tender.

Note: you can use smaller peppers but then you will need to have morehow ever many to use up meat mixture. This will re-heat and freeze nicely.

By Mary (Guest Post)

UNSTUFFED PEPPERS...
Instead of stuffing the peppers, I cut the peppers into bite size pieces, parboil, and then mix with the seasoned meat-rice mixture. Place in a greased pan. I pour sauce on top; and then place uncooked bacon on top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees about 50 minutes or until done. Uncover the last 10 minutes. Tastes better reheated the next day. This is my family's favorite.

I just make them the way I usually do and then add a package of crumbled Feta cheese. Makes all the difference in the world!

By Jenny (Guest Post)

I make mine Greek style. I brown some beef (or use leftover taco meat), boil some rice and combine this with spaghetti sauce. Then, I crush in some feta cheese. I hollow out the peppers, fill with the meat/rice/cheese mixture and place in a pyrex pan. Then, I water down some of the spaghetti sauce and pour that so it is half-way up the peppers, and drizzle the peppers with olive oil (lots of it). Cook as usual. They turn out very moist.

By kerry. (Guest Post)

I adapted a one dish dinner recipe from Albertson's to stuff my peppers.

1 box Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice
1 small jar hot sauce
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, rinsed and drained
4 bell peppers
shredded cheese

Prepare rice according to package directions using hot sauce to taste as part of the liquid measurement. Meanwhile, cut off the tops of bell peppers, seed and blanch. Drain well. When rice is done, stir in beans and corn. Stuff peppers with mixture and top with cheese. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes at 350. These4 also freeze well. Just wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store in freezer bag. Microwave after unwrapping for a quick meal.

By Linda (Guest Post)

I usually use my meatloaf recipe that calls for chili sauce. At least my family likes my meatloaf now.

I am looking for an easy crock pot stuffed bell peppers recipe that will fit a 3 1/2 crock pot. I would prefer it to be diabetic friendly. Thank you.

By Rachelle from Denver, CO

A favorite meal that can be prepared in a festive way for Halloween. This page is about making jack-o'-lantern stuffed bell peppers.

Making Jack-O'-Lantern Stuffed Bell Peppers

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Stuffed peppers is a versatile recipe that is easy to make and inexpensive too. Changing up the stuffing routinely keeps them from being boring, unless you have a personal favorite. This is a page about stuffed green peppers.

Stuffed Green Peppers

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Keep your stuffed bell peppers upright by placing them in muffin pans prior to baking. This is a page about using muffin tins for stuffed peppers.

Tri-colored sweet peppers placed in a muffin tin, ready for stuffing.

This meatless stuffed pepper recipe uses seasoned brown rice as the stuffing. It is a delicious alternative to meat based recipes. This is a page about brown rice stuffed peppers.

filled peppers

The yellow bell pepper is somewhat sweeter than the green, but just as good a choice for making your favorite stuffed pepper recipe. This is a page about stuffed yellow peppers.

Bell peppers can be filled with a variety of delicious ingredients that don't have to include meat. This page contains vegetarian stuffed bell pepper recipes.

Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Pepper

Recently, a pal and I were talking over lunch, what we were going to prepare for dinner that night for our family.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesAugust 21, 2012
🎃