Crockpot Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe

I am looking for an easy crock pot stuffed bell peppers recipe that will fit a 3 1/2 crock pot. I would prefer it to be diabetic friendly. Thank you.

By Raeb22 from Denver, CO

This is a very good one, and this is another great website:
http://crockpot … pper-recipe.html Good luck.

Here is another website: http://southern … rock/blcpidx.htm

When I make stuffed peppers I cut the pepper sideways, it is easier to clean them out and stuff them and they cook a little faster. I also use grains {due to diabetes} like barley instead of rice; I also sometimes use Italian sausage {cooked and crumbled, remove casing} along with Arborio rice and use some mozzarella or provolone on top along with the spaghetti sauce.

To thicken up a stuffing that is a little too watery, try adding some finely ground oat groats, oatmeal, or tapioca flour, you get the added bonus of fiber and any spices you add will cover the added ingredients of oats and no one can tell it's in there.

You can also add tofu {firm, strained, you can crumble it into a zip bag and mush around with some spices}, leftover taco meat, shredded beef, leftover chicken, edamame {edible soybeans---if you never had these please try them, they look like lima beans but taste is very subtle and wonderful and available all year long in the frozen section, low in calories, has protein and fiber}

Stuffed peppers are easy to fill if you think outside the box and use what you and your family will enjoy eating, that leads to less wasted money on food too.