Slow Cooker Liver and Onions Recipes

Category Crockpot
A nutritious, hearty meal that is well suited for crockpot cooking. This page is about slow cooker liver and onion recipes.

Can liver, onions, and potatoes be cooked together in a crockpot?

By Kenny

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

Lazy Liver

1 pkg liver 1 stick butter/margarine 1 can cream mushroom soup

1.5 c water 2 beef bullion cubes 1 can milk/cream

1-2 onions sliced in rings

Put onions in crockpot. Put liver (still frozen) in crockpot. Add 2 beef bullion cubes, 1.5 c water, 1 stick butter or margarine, salt and pepper. Cook on high for 2.5-3 hours.

Mix milk/cream and soup , and pour over liver, stirring carefully to mix well with the liver stock. Cook 4 hours or more on low. I have not cooked potatoes with this, but if you cut the potatoes into thin slices or small cubes and put in first with the onions, I think it would work. You could also use frozen hash browns. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

Awesome!

Is there a slow cooker recipe with liver and onions?

By Sid from Leicestershire, UK

I"googled"; crockpot liver and onions. There you will find how it's done.

Sounds really tasty too.Hope this helps you.

Keeper, N.C.USA

Liver and onions only takes a few minutes to cook in a frying pan. Flour the liver, put in hot oil and cover with onions. Add salt and pepper. After a few minutes turn it over and cook a few minutes. Make sure your liver is sliced thin. Then pour a little water over to make a gravy and serve. All this takes no longer than 15 minutes.I am not sure how liver would taste if it was cooked all day.

Liver needs to be cooked hot and fast! Slow in a cooker will make it come out tough.

Here's a recipe i found on the internet,

Crockpot: Liver and Onions

I make mine very similar to TXteacher in the July 8th newsletter, however after I season and flour the liver I will quick fry it just until lightly browned in bacon grease. Then place in your crockpot, cover with a whole bunch of onions as they cook down to nothing.

I also like to add about 6 slices of crumbled bacon that has been fried crisp and sometimes a small can of sliced mushrooms if I have them on hand. Then add about a cup of water and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Tender and juicy

with its own gravy. You can add a bit more water if you want a thinner gravy just before serving.

Male 60, I cooked liver and onions in slow cooker on low heat for 5 hrs with vegetables and served with Baby potatoes shallow fried in butter and covered in chopped Basel and Parsley. The wife said it was the best liver she had tasted. I cooked this for her Birthday which was today a nice surprise for her coming home from work.

Anonymous

Liver was tender after about 3 hours in crockpot. I tweaked the recipe, did not use soup. It was still delicious.

Cooking an additional 4 hours after adding the milk/soup mixture sounds like an awful long time (6-1/2 to 7 hrs total?). Am I reading this recipe correctly?