Slow Cooker Liver and Onions

Is there a slow cooker recipe with liver and onions?

By Sid from Leicestershire, UK

I"googled"; crockpot liver and onions. There you will find how it's done.
Sounds really tasty too.Hope this helps you.

Keeper, N.C.USA

Liver and onions only takes a few minutes to cook in a frying pan. Flour the liver, put in hot oil and cover with onions. Add salt and pepper. After a few minutes turn it over and cook a few minutes. Make sure your liver is sliced thin. Then pour a little water over to make a gravy and serve. All this takes no longer than 15 minutes.I am not sure how liver would taste if it was cooked all day.

Tastes great after several hours in the slow cooker. I have fried it several times over the years and found out that it is very useful if you need to repair your shoe soles or mend a flat tire on your tractor.

Liver needs to be cooked hot and fast! Slow in a cooker will make it come out tough.

Anonymous

Liver was tender after about 3 hours in crockpot. I tweaked the recipe, did not use soup. It was still delicious.

Cooking an additional 4 hours after adding the milk/soup mixture sounds like an awful long time (6-1/2 to 7 hrs total?). Am I reading this recipe correctly?

Not so!! Slow cook makes liver very soft and tender.

Here's a recipe i found on the internet,
Crockpot: Liver and Onions

I make mine very similar to TXteacher in the July 8th newsletter, however after I season and flour the liver I will quick fry it just until lightly browned in bacon grease. Then place in your crockpot, cover with a whole bunch of onions as they cook down to nothing.

I also like to add about 6 slices of crumbled bacon that has been fried crisp and sometimes a small can of sliced mushrooms if I have them on hand. Then add about a cup of water and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Tender and juicy

with its own gravy. You can add a bit more water if you want a thinner gravy just before serving.

Male 60, I cooked liver and onions in slow cooker on low heat for 5 hrs with vegetables and served with Baby potatoes shallow fried in butter and covered in chopped Basel and Parsley. The wife said it was the best liver she had tasted. I cooked this for her Birthday which was today a nice surprise for her coming home from work.