McCormick's Copycat Recipes

Category Copycat
McCormick's makes a variety of popular spice and food mixes. If you have run out of your favorite spice mix, you might be able to recreate it from spices you have on hand. This is a page about McCormick's copycat recipes.

Does anyone know the recipe for McCormick's meat marinade? They are not making it now.

Answers

There are a lot of recipes for meat marinade mix but I have not found a copycat recipe. Maybe someone else will find one and post it for you.

They do have this product on their website: www.mccormick.com/.../meat-marinade-seasoning-mix

Does anyone have a homemade mix recipe for both of the McCormick's Monterey and Santa Fe Seasonings? Thanks.

Mike from PA

Answers

Best Answer

Santa Fe Seasoning Blend (Salt Free!)
4 teaspoons ground cumin

2 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a small container with a lid or a salt shaker

By Debby (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I came across a great zucchini main dish recipe on a website(About.com:southern us cuisine)I had typed in a search for zucchihi main dish
4 to 6 small zucchini squash, about 1 1/2 pounds
1 medium sweet onion
2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
dash Cajun seasoning, optional
1 cup chicken broth
juice of 1 lemon, about 2 to 3 tablespoons
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
salt and pepper, to taste
Cut zucchini into sticks or slices. Quarter and slice the onion. Combine the prepared zucchini and onion, garlic, basil, Cajun seasoning, chicken broth, and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until just tender. Add tomatoes and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper, as desired.

Serves 4 to 6.
I substitued a seasoning that is much like the Monterey listed for the Cajun and I added some ground beef.My family loved it.

Does anyone know the ingredients for McCormick Mediterranean pasta mix? It has been discontinued and my family loves that pasta salad.

Kristi from PA

Answers

Best Answer

Morning Kristi ~ I googled McCormicks, got their home pg. Looked all over but with out any luck. Perhaps you can send them an email asking about a substitute. Here is the web pg. http://www.mccormick.com/
Also, how long have you been looking for it? Sometimes a small store will have some left but be sure of course to check the expiration dates.
Sorry I could not help you a bit better. I would send them a note and see what they have to say. :o) ~ Holly

Does anyone have a copycat recipe for McCormick's Perfect Pinch "Original Chicken Seasoning"?

It's been discontinued for a while now and I miss it desperately.

Thanks !

I came across this forum looking for McCormick Top Chop seasoning. I know it was discontinued back in '92 (showing my age ;-D). If anyone could help me with it I would appreciate it. My mother used to use it and I can remember her complaining about it being discontinued back then LOL. Thanks in advance everyone!

Answers

Here is the contact page for McCormick. They may be able to help you. They probably won't give you the recipe, but they may tell you some of the ingredients in it and you can experiment on your own.

https://www.mccormick.com/contact

It was discontinued in 1992.Here is a site with a lot of seasoning recipes https://www.yum  rk-Chops-939553.

Is there a recipe for McCormick meat marinade? I think they quit making it.

Does someone have a recipe to duplicate McCormick's Salad Supreme?

By Colette H

Answers

Best Answer

McCormicks Salad Supreme Seasoning

1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds

1 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 dash cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese

What are the spices used in McCormick's brown gravy mix?

By Amber from FL

Answers

Best Answer

Hey Amber, if no one else is able to offer a better answer, look at the ingredients label on a package of McCormick's Brown Gravy mix to give yourself a clue. Also remember that in the USA ingredients are listed from highest amount (first listed ingredient) to lowest amount (last listed ingredient) on all labels and try to recreate accordingly.

Ignore most of the unpronounceable ingredients (they are usually additives that won't make the gravy any healthier) and experiment with other ingredients, spices, herbs, one at a time. This way you will be able to eliminate or keep that item on your next attempt at recreating a favorite brand name mix.

Some things to try in brown gravy mix (again, experiment with one per cooking session) assuming it is to make 4 -6 servings are:
2 T of Worcestershire sauce
2 t of Old Bay Seasoning
1 T Dijon style mustard
1 t of any dried spice or herb you would add to a beef soup or beef stew

If you are not into experimenting, try some popular recipe sites and type in an internet search for "Brown Gravy Mix Copy Cat Recipes McCormick's" (or a similar combination of words.) You just might find exactly what you are looking for! Good luck, gal!

Does anyone have a copycat or substitute of McCormick's Garlic Bread Spread?

I am looking for a copycat recipe for McCormick Grill Mates Brazilian Steakhouse Seasoning. This fantastic seasoning is unavailable at this time in the 6.5 oz size and even the little bottles are ridiculously overpriced on the internet.

Answers

Brazilian Spice Ingredients- mix all together

12 teaspoon paprika
12 teaspoon cumin
12 teaspoon coriander, ground seed
12 teaspoon dried chili, flakes
14 teaspoon allspice

Looks like Judy found your recipe.

Thank you for sharing this seasoning. It is relatively new and not a lot of bottles being on sale. Someone is even selling them on eBay 2 for $14!

They do have packets for $1 at Walmart, Amazon.

https://www.ama  t?tag=thrif06-20

Thanks! I think that we're still missing a few ingredients, as they list additional ones on the actual package to be an exact replica, but I will definitely try this!

Hiya! You can also get it at Walmart. Here is a link :)

https://www.wal  1-06-oz/50616464

I believe you are asking about the seasoning mix and not the marinade. There does not appear to be a copy-cat recipe for this blend and since it is no longer being made it will continue to climb in price until all sites have sold out.

Step 1
The least expensive that I found was about $14 for 2 small containers plus $8 shipping! Some of the Sam's clubs may have it but if so, not for long. Amazon no longer has any for sale.

Step 2
You may have to check the ingredients on your container and experiment (start with a basic Brazilian seasoning recipe) and add small amounts of the other listed ingredients until you find a taste that suits you.

The only ingredients I found for McCormick's had several "out of the ordinary" spices.
Sea salt, spices (including black pepper, paprika, jalapeno pepper, parsley), garlic, onion, red and green pepper & natural flavor (?)
Maybe these are the ingredients on your container. Good luck and maybe you can post a "copycat" recipe sometime in the future.

Does anyone have a McCormick sausage and meatloaf seasoning recipe? It seems that no one has any left for sale so I must make my own or do without!

Answers

I found this on Pinterest

Recipe from
Food.com
Make it
Produce
1 1/2 tspBasil
1 tspGarlic powder
1 tspOnion powder
1/2 tspThyme, dried
Condiments
2 tspMustard, dried
Baking & Spices
1 tspBlack pepper
2 tspPaprika
1 tspSalt

2 pounds lean ground beef
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 package McCormick Meatloaf Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup ketchup (optional)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F

Mix all ingredients except ketchup in large bowl until well blended.

Shape meat mixture into a loaf. Place in foil-lined pan or 9x5- inch loaf pan. Top with ketchup, if desired.

Bake 1 hour or until cooked through.

Here you go!

2 teaspoons dried mustard
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
12 teaspoon dried thyme
1 12 teaspoons basil
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder

Combine dry spices and seal in ziploc or vacuum seal bag (or jar).
MEATLOAF DIRECTIONS:1 package Meat Loaf Seasoning Mix, 2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 2 slices bread, finely crumbled or 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup.
Mix Seasoning Mix, ground beef or turkey, eggs, milk and bread crumbs in large bowl (Ialso add the ketchup in this step). Shape into a loaf. Place loaf in a shallow baking pan or 9x5-inch loaf pan. Spread ketchup over top of loaf.
Bake in preheated 375F oven 1 hour or until cooked through. Makes 10 servings, approx 3oz each.

Too bad this has been discontinued but I feel sure they will have something similar soon. Somehow copycat recipes are not always the same and need to be adjusted/changed to create what everyone feels tastes like the "original".

I just made meatloaf using Tempo brand meatloaf seasoning (in a box)

I'm looking for a copycat recipe for the discontinued generic Grill Mates steak rub. I used to always put it in burgers and it's one of the few that salt isn't the first ingredient. The label ingredients if it helps are: Garlic, spices and herbs (including black pepper), salt, brown sugar, onion, paprika, silicon dioxide (added to make free flowing), sunflower oil, and spice extracts.

I am looking for copy cat recipe for McCormick's Pepper Seasonal All. They discontinued this product.

Does anyone have a copycat recipe for McCormick's Beef Marinade?

Does anyone have an even close recipe for the discontinued McCormick Gourmet Bourbon Spiced Pork Recipe and Seasoning Mix? This is so good, my kids loved it ~ have no idea why it was discontinued.

McCormick's discontinued my husband's favorite seasoning. Does anyone have a copycat recipe?

Does anyone have all the ingredients for McCormick's "It's A Dilly" spice mix. They have stopped making it.

By nbmeme from New Bedford, MA

Answers

IT'S A DILLY, SALT FREE 1.9 oz
INGREDIENTS: ONION, GARLIC, DILL WEED, LEMON PEEL, DILL SEED, AND JALAPENO PEPPER.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dilly Seasoning Mix
...Dill is the dominant flavor in this delicious and versatile seasoning mix. It can be used as a salad dressing, a vegetable dip, in pasta salads, or sprinkled on chicken or seafood.
1/2 cup dried dill weed (not seeds)
1/2 cup dried minced onion (not powder)
1/3 cup dried parsley
1/4 cup dried basil
1/4 cup dried tarragon
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried lemon peel

Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and blend well

McCormick recently discontinued their amazing McCormick Grill Mates Steak Rub. I am hoping someone has a recipe for it. I've played around with it on my own and it's just not the same.

Ty!

What were the ingredients for McCormick's Top Chop seasoning? It was discontinued in 1992.

Does anyone have a recipe for the McCormick Perfect Pinch Sweet Onion and Herb seasoning?

Does anyone have a copycat recipe for the discontinued McCormick's Gourmet Herbes de Provence roasted chicken and potatoes seasoning packet? It's a family favorite and I can't find any recipes that taste similar.

Does anyone have a recipe for McCormick's Meat Marinade? It was a packet mix they sold, but recently discontinued.
Thanks!

Does anyone have a homemade recipe for the now discontinued McCormick country chicken recipe?

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes CopycatFebruary 26, 2015
📓
🎂
🌻