McCormick Original Chicken Seasoning Copy Cat Recipe

Does anyone have a copycat recipe for McCormick's Perfect Pinch "Original Chicken Seasoning"?

It's been discontinued for a while now and I miss it desperately.

Thanks !

The recipe is as follows:

Combine 2 tablespoons paprika, 2 tablespoons crushed black pepper, 2 tablespoons kosher salt, 1 tablespoon granulated garlic, 1 tablespoon granulated onion, 1 tablespoon crushed coriander, 1 tablespoon dill, and 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes, and mix well. Apply generously to (room temperature) steak prior to grilling.

Hi Judy.

Thanks for the recipe.... but is that for the "Chicken Seasoning", or Steak?

I have not found a copycat for this and since it has been discontinued for quite a while I'm not sure you will find it.

Have you tried the Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Chicken?

You can use it without the rotisserie and it's pretty good, in fact, some seem to think it is almost the same but I have not tried it myself.
That is the only one still available.

1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme

www.walmart.com/.../10308026

Is this the seasoning you are searching for:

www.ebay.com/.../370367149228?epid=1300949917&hash...

This seller has decent feedback, although I have never used him/her.

Hope this helps! If this isn't the right one, you can check eBay. I often find discontinued items there. It isn't a permanent solution, but it helps fill in the gaps while you can!

I know the Rotisserie recipe is not the same but as I stated, some people say it is very good so if you want to try it please check out prices at big box stores or online at Walmart or Amazon as their prices are much less money than eBay.

I think I will give it a try as it can be used as just a rub and not just a rotisserie item.

Hi All. Yes, I've tried the Rotisserie flavor. It's decent but not as good as that "Original" chicken seasoning.

I send an email every onc ein a while to McCormick asking them to bring it back, but I don't think my emails make much of an impression on them. :.(

I have been able to receive answers from McCormick in the past but they basically say - when it's gone it's gone.
Sorry, maybe one day someone will make a copycat.

Anonymous

Has anyone checked the recipe on Pinterest?

I did not really find a "recipe" on Pinterest but did see several pictures of the seasoning but when clicked on they take you to either another picture or a website that is selling "rotisserie" blend but acting like it is the original seasoning.

Here is one recipe that friends have told me was close to the original but I have not made it so cannot say anything other than - here is another....

www.allrecipes.com/.../

Thanks for that latest recipe.... as soon as I get a chance, I'll try to make that blend.

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat SpicesDecember 18, 2018
🌻
📓
🐛