Homemade Pork Back Ribs
Making pork back ribs ribs at home will give you control of the seasoning, marinading and cooking time. A delicious recipe here with Asian influenced seasoning.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Tasty baked ribs with an Asian twist of ingredients!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 55 minutes
Yield: 2-4 people
- 1 slab pork ribs
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 stems rosemary
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Open pork ribs packaging, wash with water, clean and pat dry. Cut the slab in half and using a knife cut slit so it can marinate deeper into the meat for more flavor.
- In a bowl combine all dried spices (smoked paprika, black pepper, salt) as well as hoisin sauce, soy sauce and olive oil. Mince garlic to a paste and mix altogether in a bowl and marinate the meat on both sides. Top off with rosemary.
- Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 295 degrees F. Using a foil tin, line the pan with foil. Also use foil to cover the ribs to prevent drying when baking. Bake for 1 hour and half.
- Now 1 hour and half pass, flip the rib the other side and bake for another 30 minutes.
- After 2 1/2 hours of baking the ribs, toss the foil. Make the sauce to brush over the ribs using rice vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, Sriracha and sugar. Put it all in a bowl and mix together. Brush this mixture on the top of the ribs.
- Preheat oven to broil at 450 degrees F and bake 5 more minutes with the sauce on top. Then take out of oven, flip the ribs and apply the sauce.