Recipes Using Canned Pork

Category Pork
Finding a recipe to use for canned meat can sometimes be difficult. This is a guide about recipes using canned pork.

I would appreciate recipes for using canned pork.

Jayhawk from Lawrence, KS

Answers

I boil macaroni and drain. Add 1 jar of canned pork or venison (drained of the juice), 1 can of cream of mushroom soup. I then season it with Fajita seasoning or salt and pepper basically season with what I have on hand that sounds good. It makes a nice quick meal. I sometime experiment with adding a can of vegetable to make it more healthy.

Hi Jayhawk, I lived in Lawrence for 12 years. I now live in Washington State. I used to get the canned pork from Penn House. I would BBQ it. Just open the can, rinse off the fat then pour in BBQ sauce and heat. It makes great BBQ sandwiches. I also would mix in a packet of brown gravy and put over mashed potatos. Yummy.

mix with brown beans and serve with cornbread.
b-b-q.
serve like hot beef sandwich subbing pork for beef.
serve with mashed potatoes.
cook potatoes, carrots and onions and add pork.
add to stir fried veggies and serve over rice.
good luck and I envy you. its been years since I found any canned pork.

-I made this last week, I couldnt find any recipes I liked so I made one... I put 1 bag of small red beans (soaked overnight) and a can of pork and juices into the crock pot. I added water, 1 pouch of lipton beefy onion soup, season salt, minced onions, teaspoon of garlic, and salt. Let crock for 4 hours. Yummy type of pork and beans, the guys ate it all up!!!
-I am going to try this one tonight... I just thought it up. Boil 1 can pork in juices, then drain. Home made gravy. Mashed potatoes. After cooking pork and potatoes separately, mix pork into potatoes. Add butter and gravy. Well see what happens! It does sound quite tasty!