Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Slow Cooker Pork Ribs Recipes

Pork ribs come out tender and delicious when prepared in your crockpot. This page contains slow cooker pork ribs recipes.

March 6, 2015 Flag

This is a super easy recipe and it's delicious. When I find country pork ribs on sale, I stock up and use them for sandwiches, tacos, burritos, etc. It's an inexpensive cut. When it cooks in the crockpot, it becomes very tender.

Total Time: 30 minutes, minus Crockpot cooking time.

Source: The recipe was from Pioneer Woman.

• country pork ribs
  • Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and paprika
  • 1 onion
  • barbecue sauce
  • buns

Add any toppings you would like; mustard, cheese, coleslaw, onion strings, etc.

1. Generously season ribs with your seasonings. I don't measure it. Just sprinkle it on until it's coated. This mix of spices also works well when using the meat for tacos.
  2. Heat skillet. Once hot, sear ribs until browned.
  3. Ad
  4. Add about 1/2 an inch of water to your Crockpot. Add some chunks of onion. I had a leftover shallot that I threw in there also.
  5. Add your ribs to the Crockpot. Cover. Cook on low for 8 hours.
  6. Related Content(article continues below)
  7. Once done, take the ribs out and break into smaller pieces. If there were bones in your ribs, take those out, along with any fatty pieces.
  8. Put ribs in a pan. Add some barbecue sauce (as much or as little as you would like). Heat and stir for about 5 minutes.
  9. Put some meat on your bun. Add any toppings. I put onion strings on mine.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My mouth is watering just looking at this picture! I am SO trying this!

March 24, 2008 Flag

I've never been in favor of doing ribs in a crockpot, but after trying this recipe several years ago, this is now the only way I'll cook the country boneless pork spareribs.

Ingredients

Directions

Combine the first nine ingredients in a slow cooker. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; brown in a skillet in oil. Transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until tender.

By Connie from Cotter, AR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is one of my families favorite recipes. I shred the pork once it's done and we eat it on hamburger buns with baked beans and loaded baked potato salad.

February 27, 2009 Flag

Mix sugar and flour in saucepan. Add water. Stir. Add next 5 ingredients. Heat and stir until boiling and thickened.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 15, 2007 Flag

Cut ribs into small portions of 2 or 3 bones each. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Season water with a pinch each of salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper to the water.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 31, 2006 Flag

I have found a recipe for the most delicious ribs 'n sauce, and you don't have to stand at the grill all day! They are tender, juicy, simple and yummy. . .

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Videos

March 29, 2012 Flag
This is an extremely easy recipe for making ribs in the crockpot. This recipe calls for boneless pork ribs but it would work with other ribs as well.

• 3lb boneless Pork Ribs
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce (homemade or storebought)
  • 1 tsp. pepper

Directions:

Add ribs, oinion and pepper to the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.

Drain excess liquid from crockpot using a spoon, ladle or baster. Then add BBQ sauce and cook for 2 more hours on low or 1 more hour on high. After this time you can serve an enjoy!

You can simplify this recipe by simply adding all the ingredients at the start but I prefer removing the liquid so that the ribs are less soupy and the BBQ flovor is less watered down. This recipe freezes well!

By Lewis from Port Orchard, WA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Ribs with BBQ sauce in a crock pot
Slow Cooker Ribs Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotJanuary 28, 2013
Slow Cooker
Converting Recipes for a Slow Cooker
Pork Tenderloin
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Recipes
Beef Ribs
Slow Cooker Beef Ribs Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 15, 2017 at 2:40:27 PM on 10.0.0.250 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.