Slow Cooker Pork Steak and Rice Recipe

Category Crockpot
There are so many delicious recipes available for use with a slow cooker. This page contains a slow cooker pork steak and rice recipe.

My food budget isn't much, but I splurge once in awhile and get a nice marinated pork steak. I often cook it with spuds and corn, but at this time I am trying to eat less potatoes.

Directions:

I put some rice pilaf, cream of mushroom soup, and about 6 cups of water in the crock pot and let it cook for about 10 minutes.

Then, I added the pork, some chopped sweet onions, and a can of drained corn.

The next morning, I had pork you could eat with a spoon and luscious rice and soup. It's about 6 meals for me once I freeze them, and each is about $1.18.

When I have had a long day or just don't feel like cooking, it's in the freezer. I put it in the microwave and dinner is on the table in about 15 minutes. One pot, one freezer bag, and one bowl and spoon. Not bad for $7.08 investment!

You can vary the kind of meat, rice, soup, and veggies to compliment your own tastes. Enjoy!

Source: Keeping the hot kitchen meals down during the summer. I love my crock pot!

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

I have a slow cooker, but never thought of this kind of meal, thank you so much I will try it, I use the mushroom soup on pasta very nice.

Anonymous

Did you mean 1/2 package of the marinated pork? Am just wondering because I wouldn't want to use more than am supposed to. What made me wonder is you say the entire investment was $7.08 but your whole package of pork shows having cost $6.59. When you add the other ingredients it would bring the total to more like $10.50 or more depending on where you live and whether they are on sale or not.

In any event this sounds like a nice combination as comfort food for the coming Winter, Sandi, and inexpensive too :-) Please let us know, okay?

This sounds really scrumptious, and I voted for it, even though I haven't tried it yet! I hope to try this very soon!

Correction - I was going to go back and vote for it after I made my comment, but now I see it's not a new posting. Oh well, I'd vote for it if I could!