Mini Slow Cooker Recipes?

I purchased a mini crock pot at the local Goodwill Store, I couldn't resist, its so cute. However I can not figure out anything to make in it. I am assuming small appetizers and dips. Does anyone have any recipes they can share with me. Thanks!

monnat96 from Pingree Grove, IL

Answers

By Anonymous Cat Lady (Guest Post)

Well, you might want to check out this blog -

crockpot365.blogspot.com/.../mini%20crockpot

This woman made a New Year's resolution to use one of her crock pot every day for a year and blog the results. Its been a fairly interesting read.

Alternately, you could probably find some pretty good recipes on Allrecipes or RecipeZaar -

allrecipes.com/
www.recipezaar.com/.../

I hope this information helps. Good luck :)

Most mini crock pots are pottpori simmerers.

I googled Mini Crock Pot recipes and many web sites came up.
However its also called a Crockette. Here is one web site
that you can get started looking on.

members.tripod.com/.../C-etteRecipes.html

fondue!

Maybe just reduce regular size crock pot recipe ingredients accordingly? There are so many yummy crock pot recipes out there and it wouldn't be any more difficult to convert as one would from a size reduction for stove top or oven recipes.

These should not be used for anything needing a controlled temperature. Keeping a vegie warm, cheese, etc but not meats, other products that bacteria or salmonella would have access to. The temp of these little ones do not get hot enough to use for basic food. Use for a potpouri container. They don't sell these little ones any more, find them at garage sales, etc. Not safe for cooking food.

By Judy B. (Guest Post)

I use mine for special occasions. Put gravy in it for a buffet meal. Easy to refill and the gravy stays hot. Also extra cheese sauce for vegetables.

Just wanted to reply to T&T Grandma... They do actually still make/sell mini crockpots. In fact, I just bought a brand new stainless full-size one and it came with a bonus mini one in the box. I understand the one purchased from the Goodwill may be old and perhaps should not be used for food, but this should not discourage anyone with a new one.

I plan to use my Crockette (love that name) for cheese foundue, but will be checking out those websites posted by Cat Lady, as normally I am just cooking for two of us and don't always need the large crockpot.

My new crockpot came with one of those smaller ones as a bonus.I made the velveeta cheese and chili dip in it. It kept it warm enough to eat, but not boiling. And was great to have on the serving table.
I am sure that I will be able to think of other things to do with it. Like keeping sauces warm to put over cake, or gravy, or whatever.

There was one at our church potluck last Sunday that held barbecue sauce. I would imagine chocolate would be nice - you could dip strawberries or pieces of banana in it. Gravy wouldn't get cold. It would probably melt wax in case you needed to coat the top of a corked wine bottle or dip birthday candles. Have fun!

I use my mini to make our morning oatmeal. It makes two one-cup servings which is just right for my husband and me -- 1 1/4 cup for him and 3/4 cup for me.

2 More Questions

I have just purchased a small slow cooker with a capacity of 1-5 liters. Are there any recipes for this size cooker? Or is there a method of reducing larger portion recipes? I have looked at several slow cooker recipe books, they all appear to be for large families. I am only cooking for myself.

Cheers.

By billyfish

I had previously seen a mini slow cooker recipe for pork chops, but cannot find the recipe now.

Answers

Best Answer

I'm assuming you're talking about a slow cooker that is a 1 1/2 to 2 quart size.
Most of the recipes given are for 4 or more servings and cannot fit into a 'mini' slow cooker but you can occasionally find slow cooker recipes for 2 people and these will work in your mini.

There are several web sites that have a title like "slow cooker recipes for 2 or mini cooker" but when you click on the recipe it shows a recipe for 4 servings and that will not work for you.

I did find one recipe that may work:

www.tasteofhome.com/.../

Here is a link to a site that states 'recipes for 2' but only a few are actually for 2 and most are for 4. I sometimes use a 2 quart cooker and just take the recipes for 4 and cut in half - usually works okay.
You might look at the recipes for 4 servings and see if you can do this.

www.bustle.com/.../137507-12-crock-pot-recipes-for-two...

Answer this Question
Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotMay 14, 2013
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Mini-Slow-Cooker-Recipes.html