Recipes for a Mini Crockpot

I purchased a mini crock pot at the local Goodwill Store, I couldn't resist, its so cute. However I can not figure out anything to make in it. I am assuming small appetizers and dips. Does anyone have any recipes they can share with me. Thanks!

monnat96 from Pingree Grove, IL

Well, you might want to check out this blog -

http://crockpot … /mini%20crockpot

This woman made a New Year's resolution to use one of her crock pot every day for a year and blog the results. Its been a fairly interesting read.

Alternately, you could probably find some pretty good recipes on Allrecipes or RecipeZaar -

http://allrecipes.com/
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes/

I hope this information helps. Good luck :)

Most mini crock pots are pottpori simmerers.

I googled Mini Crock Pot recipes and many web sites came up.
However its also called a Crockette. Here is one web site
that you can get started looking on.

http://members. … etteRecipes.html

fondue!

Anonymous

Maybe just reduce regular size crock pot recipe ingredients accordingly? There are so many yummy crock pot recipes out there and it wouldn't be any more difficult to convert as one would from a size reduction for stove top or oven recipes.

These should not be used for anything needing a controlled temperature. Keeping a vegie warm, cheese, etc but not meats, other products that bacteria or salmonella would have access to. The temp of these little ones do not get hot enough to use for basic food. Use for a potpouri container. They don't sell these little ones any more, find them at garage sales, etc. Not safe for cooking food.

Anonymous

Sorry, that's not true. The now make the 1.5 for small meals. The settings are keep warm, low and high. I am cooking a small roast in mine right now.

I use mine for special occasions. Put gravy in it for a buffet meal. Easy to refill and the gravy stays hot. Also extra cheese sauce for vegetables.

Just wanted to reply to T&T Grandma... They do actually still make/sell mini crockpots. In fact, I just bought a brand new stainless full-size one and it came with a bonus mini one in the box. I understand the one purchased from the Goodwill may be old and perhaps should not be used for food, but this should not discourage anyone with a new one.

I plan to use my Crockette (love that name) for cheese foundue, but will be checking out those websites posted by Cat Lady, as normally I am just cooking for two of us and don't always need the large crockpot.

My new crockpot came with one of those smaller ones as a bonus.I made the velveeta cheese and chili dip in it. It kept it warm enough to eat, but not boiling. And was great to have on the serving table.
I am sure that I will be able to think of other things to do with it. Like keeping sauces warm to put over cake, or gravy, or whatever.

There was one at our church potluck last Sunday that held barbecue sauce. I would imagine chocolate would be nice - you could dip strawberries or pieces of banana in it. Gravy wouldn't get cold. It would probably melt wax in case you needed to coat the top of a corked wine bottle or dip birthday candles. Have fun!

I use my mini to make our morning oatmeal. It makes two one-cup servings which is just right for my husband and me -- 1 1/4 cup for him and 3/4 cup for me.

Dear "Monat" thank you so much for giggle! ..."you bought it because it was cute & don't know what to put in it"! lol I find that hilarious! You sound cute to me, a different thing to do is grow a couple of herbs in it, I have a pretty container that I grow garlic in, looks really nice in the kitchen window.

I own a small crockpot that I have had for many years. It is NOT a potpourri simmer. I use it for any thing that I would cook in a regular crockpot, except a smaller amount--chili, stew, small roast, apple crisp, etc. Just reduce the recipe size. It is handy since I live by myself.

Suggestion - to avoid unpleasant surprises, fill a 3 cup measure with water, then pour into the mini crockpot. Figure out exactly how much water it can hold. On the bottom of the unit, in permanent marker, write down, "2 cups liquid to top" (or whatever the measurement is). Then, when you are considering a recipe, mentally add up the liquid ingredients and then the solids, and see if it will fit! I discovered (the hard way) that a recipe book included with my mini from many years ago wasn't precisely geared toward the mini's capacity.

I'm not able to share the recipes with you because I can't locate the booklet. However, I will tell you that the recipe I always make is my 'famous' applesauce.
Take 2 or more cored apples (MUST be different varieties), can leave the peel on - it doesn't matter, cut into chunks and put into pot. Add water up half way. Add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, a dash of cloves and 2 dashes nutmeg, stir. Put the lid on and cook for at least 2 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally to reduce the chunks to a mash. If too liquidy, leave the top off the last half hour, stirring occasionally. If you absolutely must, can add sugar while it's cooking. I'd like to suggest that you make it at least once with out sugar because the different varieties of apples give it a lot of flavor and a sweetener really isn't required.

This works well in a large crock pot, too.

34 Recipes for you to try!

http://crockpot … /mini%20crockpot

Anonymous

Am trying out oatmeal. Use only 1 cup, of coarse I added raisins and cinn. It seemed to get done in about 3 hrs., so unplug. Next am when I got up to make coffee, plug back in to heat up for later. Search mini crockpot rec. I too bought my at thrift store 3$.

Anonymous

2 lamb shankes, 1medium onion, 1 pkt French onion soup.
put lamb shanks and chopped onion in mimi slow cooker. Mix french onion soup with water then pour over onions and lamb shanks. Cook on slow for approx 2 1/2 3hours.

I made chicken cacciatore in mine using 4 small chicken breasts. Served over rice. I also made cabbage stew which was just enough for my husband and I.