Slow Cooker (Crockpot) Recipes

Category Crockpot
Your slowcooker can be an essential kitchen tool. There are so many different recipes especially for it and others can be adjusted for its use. This page contains slow cooker (Crockpot) recipes.

A dental student friend our ours requested some easy recipes. These are easy and delicious to boot: Enjoy!

Chicken and Rice

Ingredients

Directions

Layer ingredients in your crock pot (can cook up to 8 hours on high).

When cooked, add one container of sour cream, and mix. If sauce is too thin, add a bit of flour and allow to thicken.

Serve over brown or white rice (cooked in microwave)

Swiss Steak

Ingredients

Directions

Add some flour to thicken. Serve over cooked egg noodles or masked potatoes.

Save the leftovers of this for a nice vegetable beef soup. Just add vegetables! Delish!

Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients

Directions

When cooked, add one container of sour cream, and mix well. Serve over cooked egg noodles.

Don't forget to serve each of these with a vegetable of your choosing. They all microwave nicely the next day, too!

By skibum1910 from Prospect, KY

Editor's Note: Do you have any favorite slow cooker recipes that you would like to share? Post them here!

Right now it seems like it will "never" be cool enough for these hardy meals, but fall is just around the corner. These are some of my very favorite meals made in the crockpot. I have a 6 quart one for two people. I freeze several meals from each big batch. Hope you enjoy these as much as we do.

Here are the recipes:

Spaghetti (Crock Pot)

Hungarian Goulash (Crockpot)

Cabbage Rolls in the Crock Pot

Cubed steak is a perfect meal to cook in a crockpot. This page contains slow cooker cubed steak recipe.

Cubed Steak

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

There are so many delicious recipes available for use with a slow cooker. This page contains a slow cooker pork steak and rice recipe.

Crock in the fridge after meal is cooked.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Use your crockpot to prepare those healthy recipes you have been collecting. This page contains healthy crockpot recipes.

Healthy Crockpot Recipes

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Ingredients

• 2 boxes broccoli (frozen)
  • 1 box cauliflower (frozen)
  • 1 jar Cheese Whiz
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup

Directions

Prepare veggies as directed on package. While they are cooking, put Cheese Whiz and soups in saucepan and melt. Drain veggies and pour mixture over them. Either bake 20 minutes in 350 degree oven or put in crock pot and heat. Eat when hot.

By Robin

Does anyone have any main dish recipes for a 2 quart crock pot? I have choir practice Wednesday nights and would love to leave him with a hot meal.

danig1000

Answers

I use to make this alot when I was working. I take one cheap beef roast (whatever is one sale), 1 envelope of dry onion soup mix or dry beef soup mix, one bag of mixed frozen vegetable throw it in the crock and set on low the night before or high before I would leave for work and it makes a delious beef soup. Might need to add a cup of so of water if needed.

Variations I've done is throw in a couple of potatoes or a can of diced tomatoes.

Hope you try and enjoy it.

There are zillions of crock pot recipes on-line. You may need to halve one for the small pot.

Check out http://dayzines.com/crock.htm for a free subscription to healthy weekly crockpot recipes sent to your email address. Enjoy!

I posted this recipe under another section, but thought I would post it here as well. I also have church on Wednesday nights and dont get home till 5:30. I rely on a good crockpot meal to feed my husband and I and get us to church online. Here is the roast recipe that we love:

1 packet of Ranch Dressing
1 packet of Beef Gravy
1 packet of Italian Dressing
1 C. Water
Roast

Place roast in crockpot and pour all three packets in with it. Pour your 1 c. of water, cover, and cook all day. It makes a gravy that works well on mash potatoes or rice. Hope you enjoy!!!

1.5 quart crock pot do they get hot enough to
boil? thanks

For bbq pork chops I placed 8 porks chops smothered with bbq sauce on low heat for 6 hrs and the meat was so tender it fell off of the bone

4-6 pieces of boneless chicken (breast)
12oz of mushroom gray
1 cup of milk
8 oz of cream cheese (cubes)
4 1/2 oz of chopped green chilies
1 pkg of italian salad dressing
cook on low for 6 hrs and serve on noodles

I received a 2 quart Slow Cooker for Christmas but it didn't have any recipes with it. Does anyone have a recipe for rice pudding using this cooker?

Does anyone know how to cook with a crock pot? I am looking for recipes.
Thanks.

By Rosemary from Newfoundland

I just got a 3 quart slow cooker. I am looking for recipes for simple soups, stews and casseroles and any other recipes for a slow cooker. Thanks so very much.

Irene from Nova Scotia, Canada

Answers

I discovered that I can put together a pot roast in minutes.

In the morning, put in the crockpot in this order:
1 frozen roast
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 cup water
1 can of condensed cream of mushroom on top of meat
any vegetables around the meat

In 8 hours, the roast is tender, with a nice coating from the soup and a nice sauce with vegetables.

My second recipe is from my daughter's cooking class:

Tropical Chicken
Chicken parts or 1 whole chicken
1 can fruit cocktail
Combine and cook all day. Delicious!

Your local library should have cookbooks just for crockpots, too. It's a great place to get ideas for your recipes. Look for the "Fix it and Forget it" Cookbooks, those have easy and yummy recipes in them.

I made this the other day and can't remember where I got the recipe but it was delicious!

1 beef roast
1 pkt onion soup mix dry
1 pkt ranch dressing mix dry
1 pkt Italian salad dressing mix dry

Put roast in crock pot. Sprinkle dry mixes over top. Pour 3 cups of water around the roast, being careful not to pour over the powder. Cook on low 7-8 hours or in a covered dish in oven on 350 for 2 hours. I flipped the roast over the last hour and added a bag of baby carrots and halved onions. I served it with buttered noodles and it was so good!

Go to www.allrecipes.com for great slow cooker recipes.

Crockpot Kielbasa Casserole
1 Pkg. Turkey Kielbasa or Smoked Sausage
1 Bag Frozen Texas Hash Browns (with onions & peppers in them)
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Cheddar Soup*
Slice kielbasa up in chunks. Add all ingredients to GREASED slow
cooker/Crock Pot, stir. Cover and cook on LOW all day (don't cook past 9
hrs) or HIGH for 4-6 hrs.
Note: I think you could also use cream of mushroom or cream of celery
soup if you didn't want the cheddar soup.
=======================================================
Thai Pork with Peanut Sauce*
Recipe By :Beth Hensberger and Julie Kaufmann
Serving Size : 4

2 pounds trimmed boneless pork loin -- cut into 4 pieces
2 large red bell peppers -- seeded and cut into strips
1/3 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 garlic cloves -- minced
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

For serving:
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
2 limes -- cut to make 8 to 12 wedges

Coat the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Put the pork, bell
peppers, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes and garlic in the
cooker. Cover and cook on low heat until pork is fork tender, 8 to 9 hours.

Remove pork from the cooker and coarsely chop. Add the peanut butter to the
liquid in cooker, stir well. Return pork to the sauce and toss.

Serve in shallow bowls over hot jasmine rice and sprinkle each serving with
scallions and peanuts. Pass lime wedges. Makes 4 servingss.
=========================================================
Cheesy Crock-Pot Chicken
********************************

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup

Rinse chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Mix undiluted soup and pour over chicken in crock pot. Cook
on low 6-8 hours. Serve over rice or noodles.

I am looking for several holiday side dish recipes that you make in the crockpot!

By Patty from East Peoria, IL

I would love some simple crockpot recipes to feed 3 to 4 people
thanks,

Geri from KY

Answers

Here are a few websites to get you started and there are many more!

http://southern  rock/blcpidx.htm

http://www.cook  om/crockpot.html

http://www.ebic  n/page/cpidx.htm

http://www-2.cs  ot/crockpot.html

Easy But Tasty Chili

1 lb. ground beef,browned and drained
1 large onion, chopped
1 32 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
1 12oz. can diced tomatoes with liquid
1 32 oz can tomato sauce
1 envelope chili seasoning

Place all ingredients in lightly greased crock pot. Stir well and cook on low 4-5 hours. Can be cooked on high but the result is poor. Serve with sour cream, diced onion and shredded cheese. Also good with cornbread. Try serving the chili over a slice for a change.

Taco Soup

2 Lbs. Lean ground beef, browned and drained
1 12 oz can diced tomatoes with liquid
1 32 oz can tomato sauce
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 large onion,diced
1 large bell pepper, deceeded and cut into 1/4 inch strips
1 12 oz can black olives, sliced
sour cream
Taco chips

Place first five ingredients in crock pot and stir well. Cook on low 4-5 hours or till bubbily. Serve with sprinkles of condiments and place taco chips around the edge of bowl.

Crock Pot Stew

1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef, browned and drained
2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1/4 inch cubes
20 baby carrots
2 cups frozen whole kernal corn
1 cup frozen sweet peas, optional
1 12 oz. can string beans, optional
1 can each cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in lightly greased crock pot. Stir and cook on low for 5-6 hours or till hot and veggies are tender crisp. This is a thick soup. Do Not add any extra liquid. The steam will make it's own.

Creamy Potatoes and Ham

4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
2 lbs. ham, cubed
1 cup diced mushrooms
3 cups carrots, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste (also good with 1 teaspoon garlic powder)

Place all ingredients in lightly greased crock pot. Cook on Low 4-5 hours or till veggies are tender crisp. Add 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, (Not Velveeta). Cover and cook and let stand,unplugged,15 minutes until cheese is melted.

Hot & Fast BBQ Sandwiches

1 3-4 lb. sirlon tip roast
1 teaspoon ground pepper, fresh is best
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt

Combine all the above seasonings, poke holes in roast with meat mallet or large fork.Rub into roast. Rub 1/2 cup brown sugar into roast and place in crock pot. Pour 1/2 cup beef broth over roast. Cook on low; 3-4 hours, do not lift lid. After hour 4 combine 1 bottle BBQ sauce, 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard, 1/4 cup tomto sauce and 3 Tablespoons brown sugar. Pour over roast and cook on low an additional 1-1/2 hours or till beef is tender but not mushy. Using two forks shred meat and place on buns. Serve with sliced onion.

At wal mart in the microwave section is a CD called 'One Million Recipies' Not sure if it has THAT many, but it has sections from kids and no bake recipies to diabetic and crock-pot. You can print them out, if you'd like..Very fun and informative.

3 lb. roast (cheapest cut), trimmed of all fat
3 med. potatoes (quartered)
1 cup baby carrots
3 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. thyme
salt & pepper
1 1/2 cups beef broth

Arrange potatoes and carrots around edge of crockpot. Mix mustard & spices and rub all over beef. Place beef in crockpot (will overlap veggies). Pour beef broth evenly over the top. Cook on low for 9 hours.

We are a very busy family, there are many days when I have little time to prepare dinner. Does anyone have any super easy and tasty recipes for one pot dinners in a crockpot? Thanks! :)

By Missy

Crock potting is my new dinner idea for the past year and I would enjoy any crock pot recipes for dinner, breakfast, dessert, and lunch. So far I have found success cooking beef stew, pot roast, lasagna, chili, and a taco macaroni recipe (my kids helped me create with the thought of trying to make a knockoff version of Hamburger Helper using penne noodles). It is great for my busy schedule. Any ideas?

By Sherry

I need some crock pot recipes. I especially need something that I can use zucchini in, but any good crock pot recipes would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Fab4mom from Walker, LA

Answers

2 great recipe sites: www.crockpot.com www.recipegoldmine.com last one has huge section on crockpot recipes. Enjoy!

Hi,
This isn't a crockpot recipe, but it is an unusual zucchini recipe. Hope you enjoy it!

(Zucchini) Un-Apple Pie

4-5 cups zucchini
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. allspice
1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
2 Tablespoons flour or cornstarch
Pinch salt

Peel and de-seed zucchini. Slice like you would an apple. Cover with water and boil 2 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Mix all other ingredients together and stir gently through zucchini. Pour into 9-inch pie shell and cover with top crust. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes; then 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until brown. (Trust me, this is really good.) Tastes just like apple pie.

www.allrecipes.com has a nice crock pot recipe section.

I'd like to get recipes for my crockpot, that can have a double or triple "personality". I need some recipes that can be updated by adding other ingredients. Is there a web site for that? Thanks.

By araucano from FL

I am looking for some of your quick and easy everyday recipes for the crock pot. I never use it, and it's about time I started.

By Sherri from Alberta

Answers:

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

Here are some that were just posted today, I plan to try them. There were also some good ones archived there.

thriftyfun.com

Here is ThriftyFun's Crockpot section, all of these have been suggested by our members so should be good ones. Let us know which ones you try and how they turned out.

thriftyfun.com

Good luck. (01/20/2010)

By jess

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

I love beans and ham cooked in the crockpot. Just add water to the presoaked beans and cut up ham and cook all day on high with the lid on it and until the beans are tender. Stir a few times.

You can cook a roast in the crockpot adding a cup or two of water and when meat is done, clean off the fat and bones. Pull the meat and add barbecue sauce or your favorite homemade recipe to the meat and you've got great tasting sandwiches.

Make your own vegetable soup in your crockpot and add precooked ground beef or pulled roast meat with the vegetables of your choice with one or two large cans of tomato juice or V8. Cook on high until raw vegetables are tender and stir a few times. You can also freeze any left overs. (01/20/2010)

By Lorelei

Southern Pulled Pork Crockpot

• 1 large bay leaf
  • 4 to 8 lbs of boneless pork, Boston butt, shoulder, etc
  • garlic powder to taste
  • 2 - 16 oz cans French Onion soup

Directions:

Place bay leaf in the bottom of the crockpot. Place pork skin or fatty side up. Pour the 2 cans of French Onion soup over the pork. If pork is in two pieces, place one in crockpot, pour one can over, then place other piece of pork and top with one can of soup. Sprinkle pork with garlic powder as desired.

Cover pot and cook on "high" for 2 hours. Set to "low" and cook 4 to 6 hours more.
Discard any skin or fat. Remove any bones.

Remove pork from pot with slotted spoons and place in a large bowl. Use two forks to pull the pork into shreds. Add one cup of the liquid from the pot to the pork and blend well.

Serve pork as is, or with a vinegar/brown sugar and spice sauce.
Serve with Dilly Slaw. Recipe follows:

• 3 to 4 cups of grated cabbage, not shredded
  • 3 to 4 dill pickles, grated
  • Mayonnaise to moisten with a spoonful or two of dill pickle juice. Blend all.

Serve as a side or place pork on buns and top with slaw. Buns are best if heated for a few moments.
Place extra pork in baggies and freeze for future use. (01/20/2010)

By Nancy

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

RecipeLion.com, BetterRecipes.com are both good sites for slowcooker recipes. (01/20/2010)

By thriftmeg

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

Just my 2 cents. thriftyfun.com (01/20/2010)

By Suntydt

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

I love my crockpot and cook at least one meal a week in it. You can do almost anything in it. Be careful of your meat though, don't let it get too done because it can dry out. Use any meat you want to cook, add a liquid and add spices. Maybe add some veggies if you like. If you can find it at your local library get "Fix it and Forget it Crockpot Recipes". Great source for you.

I like a pork roast. I put a packet of dry ranch dressing or dry Italian dressing, a packet of beef gravy and a cup of water or stock. Makes wonderful meat.
Here's a great chicken one.

Cheesy Crock-Pot Chicken

• 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • garlic powder to taste
  • 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup

Rinse chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
I like this over homemade mashed potatoes.

Here is a family favorite, have to take it to every cookout.

• 1 package hash browns (32 oz size)
  • 1 small can cream of mushroom soup (I use cream of chicken)
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1 small can cheddar cheese soup
  • 1 cup sour cream

Put hash browns in crock pot. Mix soups and sour cream together. Pour over hash browns. Cut up margarine and stir into hash browns. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. I add bacon bits, or small cubes of ham to this after it's almost done.

Crockpot Pepper Steak

• 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. steak strips
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. ginger
  • 16-oz. can of chopped tomatoes, undrained
  • 2 large green peppers, sliced
  • 1/2 cup cold water
  • 1 Tbsp. cornstarch

Brown steak strips; put into crockpot. Combine the next 7 ingredients and pour over beef strips. Start out on "high" for the first hour, then switch to "low". Cook on "low" for 5 to 6 hours. Add tomatoes and pepper. Cook for one more hour on "high". Combine the water and the cornstarch; stir into crockpot and cook on "high" until thickened (about 20 minutes). Serve over rice. (01/21/2010)

By micksgirl

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

Oh, one other suggestion: The cookbook that came with my new crockpot has many recipes that look great. My basic cookbook (the checkerboard Better Homes and Gardens one) also has slow cooker versions of many of its recipes. (01/21/2010)

By jess

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

• 2lbs boneless pork
  • onion soup mix to taste
  • garlic powder to taste
  • taco seasoning to taste
  • 1 can green chili
  • 1 can petite diced tomatoes

Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
Makes a good mild pork chili.
Serve with rice. (01/21/2010)

By Carly34

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

• 2lbs boneless beef
  • onion soup mix to taste
  • garlic powder to taste
  • 2 Tbsp browning sauce
  • 1 cup wine

Brush the browning sauce on the meat, place in crock pot, sprinkle the spices on and pour the wine in.
Cook on high 4-5 hours.

Serve with potatoes.
Or add some sour cream when done and serve with noodles. (01/22/2010)

By Carly34

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

• Soak a pound of black beans overnight.
  • Rinse and place in the crock pot.
  • Cover with water.
  • Add bacon, or ham or pork fat leftovers to flavor the beans and make them smooth.
  • Add salt and pepper and garlic powder.
  • Cook on high all day.
  • Serve with rice. (01/22/2010)

By Carly34

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

• Have any old apples sitting around?
  • Cut the bad parts off. Peel. Rinse. Dice.
  • Place in crock pot with cinnamon and sugar to taste and cover with apple juice or water.
  • Cook on high for several hours. Mash or puree.
  • Keep cooking until it is nice and thick.
  • Cool.
  • Refrigerate in an old cleaned mayonnaise jar and use as apple butter for toast and or biscuits.
(01/22/2010)

By Carly34

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

You need a bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenders, or thighs and 1 bottle of Italian dressing.

Place chicken in crock pot, pour dressing over all.
Cook on high for 4 hours.

Serve with rice. I like to serve with rice because I cook it quick in my rice cooker. (01/22/2010)

By Carly34

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

This makes the best BBQ sandwiches. Cook a pork arm roast in the oven for 2 or 3 hours and drain off the liquid. Then put it in the slow cooker with a bottle of BBQ sauce. Cook it until it falls apart and serve it on buns. The pork arm roast I bought had a bone in it and it fell off the bone when I cooked it. I just took out the bone. Pork arm roast is very inexpensive. (01/22/2010)

By TXBetty

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

Someone sent me this site. I hope you can find something in it to your liking. http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/crockpot.html (01/22/2010)

By K Kwaak

Looking For Crockpot Recipes

I buy the cheapest roasts available sometimes in the marked down section of meat counter. I add one packet of french onion soup and one packet of brown gravy and 1/2 cup water, or add one packet of brown gravy, one can of mushroom soup, one small can of mushroom pieces, add some water. Enjoy (01/22/2010)

By meoowmom

I work 40 hours a week, I have a husband and a baby. My husband works 12 hour shifts at night he leaves for work before I get home.

Does anyone have any crockpot recipes for feeding four?

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.