Pork Hamonado Pepper Steak
October 15, 2020
My mom's specialty in the house is Pork Hamonado. It is seared pork, slow cooked with soda and pineapple juice and soy sauce. The taste is savory sweet and good. We had lots of leftovers at home and it stayed in the fridge for two days. I was thinking of transforming it into something different that is less sweet. What I did was recreate the recipe from hamonado to Pork Rib pepper steak.
- 1 kg pork hamonada
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion (sliced into rings)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (if necessary)
- 1 tsp crushed pepper corn
- 1 tsp corn starch dissolved in 1/4 hot water
- Slice the meat into strips. Place in pan with water and allow to simmer for three minutes.
- Remove meat from pan. Leave the simmering sauce while it continues to simmer, adjust heat to medium. Then add mushrooms, garlic and pepper.
- Pour cornstarch and stir. Simmer for another minute or until sauce is translucent and not cloudy in color (it means the cornstarch is fully cooked). You may add soy sauce if necessary.
- Add the sliced onion and stir. This time adjust heat to low. Cook until sauce is thick.
- Add in the meat and coat with sauce, then serve.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.