Caramelized Yellow Tail and Baby Back Ribs Recipe
Make your baby back ribs even more savory and delicious by adding some caramelized onions to the dish. This page contains caramelized yellow tail and baby back ribs recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a unique combination of fish and meat, but pairs deliciously together. This is a entree that is often requested in our household, and goes well with rice.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 65 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 3 lb yellow tail
- 4 lb baby back ribs
- 8 sliced pieces galangal
- 1 garlic
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 gal water
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- The market offers complimentary cleaning and slicing of the fish. When I go home, I quickly clean once again with salt. Pat dry and put in a bowl. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Open the baby back ribs packaging, clean with water and cut into 3 portions. Turn the rib around and cut the membrane out and any other fat that may be there.
- Put a fry pan on medium heat. Add sugar and stir until sugar is melted (about 5 minutes). Add 4 tablespoon of water and put aside.
- In a saute' pan, add vegetable oil on medium heat. Add pressed garlic until golden brown. Add yellow tail fish to cook for 10 minutes per side. Now take the fish out and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add vegetable oil on high heat. Add garlic, ribs, and cook each side for 5 minutes.
- In a stock pot, put the sliced galangal. Add fish and fish sauce on medium heat. Add water until boiling. When boiled, add ribs and cover with lid. This process is about 30 minutes.
- Remove bubbles as it cooks (example of the bubbles below).
- Optional: Slice red bell peppers and put into the pot before serving.