Pressure Cooker Apple and Beef Short Ribs
This is a page about pressure cooker apple and beef short ribs
. Pressure cookers are all the rage right now, so here is a recipe that you definitely need to try. This recipe for apple and beef short ribs is the perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors and is sure to be a new family favorite.
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
February 28, 2018
There is nothing more comforting to me in the colder months than a hearty, sweet and savoury meat. These ribs will fall apart when you touch them with your fork. The vegetables and apple will meld with the meat and turn into a luxurious sauce! I love being able to throw a bunch of things in the pressure cooker and come away with something super fancy. You will love these short ribs.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 8 pieces of beef short ribs
- 1/2 an unpeeled apple
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 green onions
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1/4 cup sake
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Place ribs in the pot, then add all non-liquid ingredients on top.
- Now pour in all the liquids. When it comes to the water, pour in enough to cover the ribs.
- Lock the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high. When steam starts escaping from the top, continue to cook for 10 more minutes on high. Then reduce heat to low and cook for 45 more minutes.
- To make the built-in sauce, remove from heat and carefully remove the lid when it's cool enough. You can either turn the pressure cooker lid upside or find another pot lid that will fit on top.
- Continue to cook until liquid turns into a rich sauce, a minimum of 5 minutes.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.