Pressure Cooker Apple and Beef Short Ribs

There is nothing more comforting to me in the colder months than a hearty, sweet and savoury meat. These ribs will fall apart when you touch them with your fork. The vegetables and apple will meld with the meat and turn into a luxurious sauce! I love being able to throw a bunch of things in the pressure cooker and come away with something super fancy. You will love these short ribs.

Total Time: 1 hour

1. Place ribs in the pot, then add all non-liquid ingredients on top.
  2. Now pour in all the liquids. When it comes to the water, pour in enough to cover the ribs.
  3. Lock the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high. When steam starts escaping from the top, continue to cook for 10 more minutes on high. Then reduce heat to low and cook for 45 more minutes.
  4. To make the built-in sauce, remove from heat and carefully remove the lid when it's cool enough. You can either turn the pressure cooker lid upside or find another pot lid that will fit on top.
  5. Continue to cook until liquid turns into a rich sauce, a minimum of 5 minutes.

Sounds delicious.

I've never tasted sake. I always thought it to be near tasteless like vodka. Tell me, does it add a particular flavor or is it used to add 'character' to the dish?

Hi there! Sake is much more flavourful than vodka. It contains sugars from the starch breakdown in the rice. Sake tenderizes the meat and gives it more body. Try it!

I've learned something new. Thank you.

Always welcome!! :)