Pressure Cooker Mongolian Beef
Using an Instant Pot or another pressure cooker, you can create this delicious, sweetened beef dish. This page contains a recipe for Pressure Cooker Mongolian Beef.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Another terrific recipe from the Facebook Instant Pot Community group. No more takeout!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Instant Pot Community group on Facebook
- 2 lb flank steak, cut into 1/4 strips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar (I used 1/3 cup Truvia brown sugar blend)
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Make sure your vegetables are all cut up and your sauce is made. This recipe requires you to work quickly. Season the cut beef with salt and pepper.
- Make the sauce and reserve for later. Add soy sauce, water, brown sugar and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Put oil in bottom of pot. Saute the beef in batches. Don't crowd.
- Move the beef to a plate when done.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the sauce you made earlier.
- Add the beef and any juices. Lock the lid. Pressure cook on high for 12 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Combine the cornstarch and water and mix thoroughly. Simmer the sauce and add the cornstarch and water, stirring often until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the green onions and serve.