Pressure Cooker Mongolian Beef
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
Another terrific recipe from the Facebook Instant Pot Community group. No more takeout!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Instant Pot Community group on Facebook
- 2 lb flank steak, cut into 1/4 strips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar (I used 1/3 cup Truvia brown sugar blend)
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Make sure your vegetables are all cut up and your sauce is made. This recipe requires you to work quickly. Season the cut beef with salt and pepper.
- Make the sauce and reserve for later. Add soy sauce, water, brown sugar and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Put oil in bottom of pot. Saute the beef in batches. Don't crowd.
- Move the beef to a plate when done.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the sauce you made earlier.
- Add the beef and any juices. Lock the lid. Pressure cook on high for 12 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Combine the cornstarch and water and mix thoroughly. Simmer the sauce and add the cornstarch and water, stirring often until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the green onions and serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.