Use a Pressure Cooker to Tenderize a Smoked Brisket

Category Beef
This is a guide about using a pressure cooker to tenderize a smoked brisket. Cooking meat in a pressure cooker is a great way to tenderize tougher meats. Here are some tips about finishing off a brisket in a pressure cooker.

I smoked a beef brisket and sliced it, but it is still a little tough. How long can I pressure cook to tenderize the meat without it just going to mush?

By Johnny from Camden, AR

Answers

Best Answer

I love using my pressure cooker,I've been cooking with one for over 25 years now i &t makes every meat so tender! It doesn't heat the house up & it is so fast! And I don't think a brisket could ever go to mush! The general rule of thumb is to get the pressure up, then you cook the meat 10 minutes per pound of meat. You can then let the pressure drop on it's own,but the meat will continue to cook. I don't like to wait that long, so I put the pressure cooker in the sink & run cold water on it until the pressure drops. If you are going to cook veggies with it, you can stop it about 10 min before the cook time is done,let the pressure out, add the veggies, bring the pressure back up & let it cook another 5-10 min depending on the veggies.

Leave the fat on the brisket (don't buy one that is over-trimmed) and lay it fat side up on a large roasting pan.

Sprinkle with some liquid smoke and seasonings of your choice and roast in a 275 degree oven for about five hours or until very tender. Cut across the grain and serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.