Pressure Cooker Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
April 13, 2017
I'm really having a lot of fun with my Instant Pot. This chicken is delicious and moist, and the sauce tastes wonderful over rice, potatoes or pasta.
If you don't have a pressure cooker, you can cook this conventionally using a recipe from damndelicious.net
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes (including bringin up to pressure, cooking, and releasing pressure.)
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika (I used regular)
- 1/2 tsp salt and ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Preheat pressure cooker by pressing Saute and Adjust more for hottest saute mode.
- Season chicken thighs with paprika, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to melt. Add chicken, 3 pieces at a time, skin-side down. sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove cooked chicken to a plate. Drain extra fat.
- Melt remaining tablespoon of butter in the empty pot. Add minced garlic, and saute, stirring lightly, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth. Remove some of the chicken broth and add to half of the cream in a separate bowl. Put this in the pot, and add the rest of the heavy cream.
- Use a wooden or nylon spatula to scrape the browned bits from the pot bottom.
- Stir in Parmesan, lemon juice from 1/2 lemon and thyme.
- Return browned chicken to the pot, skin side up. Press Cancel, then Press Manual or Poultry. Adjust time to 8 minutes, closing lid and setting the valve to seal.
- Use 5 minutes natural pressure release, then release any extra pressure.
- Use a thermometer. The chicken should be 170 degrees F.
- Set oven to broil. Place chicken skin side up in pan and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until the skin is crispy.
- Press Cancel on the Pot, then press Saute, and stir in chopped spinach, stirring until the spinach has wilted.
- Mix cornstarch with water. Add to the sauce and wilted spinach and stir until it has slightly thickened. Press Cancel.
- Serve lemon spinach sauce over rice, then place chicken on top.
- Optional: squeeze remaining lemon juice over entire dish and serve.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.