Pressure Cooker Brown Rice
Brown rice takes longer to cook than white rice but a pressure cooker makes sure it turns out every time. This guide has instructions for making pressure cooker brown rice
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I prefer brown rice, but don't always have time to make it because it takes 45 minutes. I can now do it in the pressure cooker for a half hour or less.
Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
Total Time: 28-30 minutes
Yield: 2 cups rice
Source: Instant Pot Community Facebook page
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp oil
- Put a trivet in the bottom of the pot. Put 1 cup of water in the pot.
- Get a stainless steel bowl that fits into the pot.
- Put in the cup of rice and 1 1/4 cup of water into the bowl. Add oil to prevent foaming.
- Put the bowl on the trivet in the pot.
- Lock lid. Pressure cook 18-20 minutes.
- Natural release 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork before serving.