Pressure Cooker Brown Rice
I prefer brown rice, but don't always have time to make it because it takes 45 minutes. I can now do it in the pressure cooker for a half hour or less.
Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
Total Time: 28-30 minutes
Yield: 2 cups rice
Source: Instant Pot Community Facebook page
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp oil
- Put a trivet in the bottom of the pot. Put 1 cup of water in the pot.
- Get a stainless steel bowl that fits into the pot.
- Put in the cup of rice and 1 1/4 cup of water into the bowl. Add oil to prevent foaming.
- Put the bowl on the trivet in the pot.
- Lock lid. Pressure cook 18-20 minutes.
- Natural release 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork before serving.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!