Making a Halloween Yo Yo Tree
Make a different twist on the yo yo Christmas tree using yo yos made from Halloween fabrics. This is a page about making a Halloween yo yo tree
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These yo yo trees are a great way to use up scraps of fabric. Collect up your favorite Halloween fabric and decorate your house with these fun trees!
- circle templates
- wooden spool
- shoe polish
- hot glue
- tape, optional
- Use a compass to create circle templates in the following sizes: 50mm, 60mm, 70mm, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm, 160mm, 170mm, 180mm, 190mm, 200mm, 210mm, and 220mm.
- Use the templates to make the yo yos. Make one of each size.
- Make the yo yos. Click here for instructions: Making Fabric Yo Yos.
- Using shoe polish and a paper towel, stain the wooden spool. Then wipe off any excess polish with a clean paper towel.
- Snip a small slit into the center of each yo yo, except for the smallest yo yo. The slit should be just big enough to push the dowel through.
- Put each yo yo onto the dowel.
- Then use hot glue to attach the smallest yo yo to the end of the dowel.
- Put the wooden spool onto the dowel and mark just below the spool. Cut off excess dowel.
- If necessary, wrap tape around the dowel until the spool fits snuggly. Apply a small amount of glue in the hole and push the spool onto the dowel. Enjoy your new Halloween decorations!
NOTE: To make smaller trees, just omit some of the largest yo yos.
Small fabric "yo yos" can be made from any scrap fabric and used for a variety of projects. Here they are combined to create a cute decorative Halloween tree.
Learn how to make it in this short video.