Making a Halloween Yo Yo Tree
Make a different twist on the yo yo Christmas tree using yo yos made from Halloween fabrics. This is a guide about making a Halloween yo yo tree
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These yo yo trees are a great way to use up scraps of fabric. Collect up your favorite Halloween fabric and decorate your house with these fun trees!
- circle templates
- wooden spool
- shoe polish
- hot glue
- tape, optional
- Use a compass to create circle templates in the following sizes: 50mm, 60mm, 70mm, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm, 160mm, 170mm, 180mm, 190mm, 200mm, 210mm, and 220mm.
- Use the templates to make the yo yos. Make one of each size.
- Make the yo yos. Click here for instructions: Making Fabric Yo Yos.
- Using shoe polish and a paper towel, stain the wooden spool. Then wipe off any excess polish with a clean paper towel.
- Snip a small slit into the center of each yo yo, except for the smallest yo yo. The slit should be just big enough to push the dowel through.
- Put each yo yo onto the dowel.
- Then use hot glue to attach the smallest yo yo to the end of the dowel.
- Put the wooden spool onto the dowel and mark just below the spool. Cut off excess dowel.
- If necessary, wrap tape around the dowel until the spool fits snuggly. Apply a small amount of glue in the hole and push the spool onto the dowel. Enjoy your new Halloween decorations!
NOTE: To make smaller trees, just omit some of the largest yo yos.
February 8, 20182 found this helpful
Small fabric "yo yos" can be made from any scrap fabric and used for a variety of projects. Here they are combined to create a cute decorative Halloween tree.
Learn how to make it in this short video.