Making a Yo Yo Keychain
A great way to use up your favorite fabric scraps is making yo yos. This is a guide about making a yo yo keychain
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love yo yo crafts and I am always looking for new ways to use them. These fun keychains are unique and a great way to use up your favorite fabric scraps.
- 120mm yo yo template
- 90mm yo yo template
- ribbon (1 in. wide)
- D ring
- sewing needle
- Optional Supplies:
- sewing machine
- Make 1 large yo yo and 1 small yo yo. Here are instructions for Making Fabric Yo Yos.
- Determine how long you want the ribbon to be, then cut it and singe the ends using a lighter to prevent fraying. Then loop the ribbon through the "D" ring and sew across the ribbon.
- Sandwich the ribbon between the 2 yo yos and sew together in the center. Add a button if you desire.
- Add a few stitches near the top to secure the upper part of the yo yo to the ribbon. Enjoy your new keychain.
This is a different version of a weighted yo yo keychain.
- 120 mm yo yo template (4 3/4" circle)
- 2 large washers (approx. 2")
- grosgrain ribbon
- "D" ring
- split keyring
- Create a template, then use it to cut out two pieces of fabric. Then stitch the edges of each yo yo, as shown below. Here are instructions for Making a Fabric Yo Yo
- Lay a washer in the middle of each one, then cinch the yo yos closed around the washers. Tie off and snip the threads.
- Place the "D" ring onto the ribbon and sandwich the loop of ribbon in between the two yo yos. Place a button in the center of each yo yo and sew everything together. Sew across the ribbon, near the "D" ring to keep it in place. Now add the split ring and your keys.
December 9, 20150 found this helpful
Use fabric yoyos and a button to make a personalized keychain. Learn how to make it in this short video.