Making a Mini Gift Wreath

Category Decorations
Make a pretty Christmas wreath for your door out of mini boxes, wrapping paper and holiday decorations. This idea could be customized for other holidays too.

I love anything tiny. Smaller versions of things amaze me. So today, I made a wreath using mini packages. I hope you like it.

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 1

Source: I saw this on a site but made my own...thrifty version!

• 12 mini boxes
  • 6 mini gifts wrapped
  • 1 sq yd gift wrap
  • tape
  • 6 hot glue sticks
  • 6 mini bows
  • 1 wreath form
  • scissors
  • 1 package cup cake papers
  • 9 chenille stems
  • 2 ft scraps of wire ribbon
  • 1 cut up "fake" snow flake

1. The first thing I did was realize I used the wrong wreath form. But once the glue cooled, it was pretty much too late. Live and learn. If I do this again, I will use a foam form or something flat. I tied the stems on it for just a hint of greenery and then went to town.
  2. Advertisement

3. Being frugal, I bought my supplies at the Dollar Tree. The mini boxes are for stickers, and you get 18 to a bag. The mini foil wrapped presents added a nice touch, in between those I made. On some, I stacked the boxes so there were two, making it more of a square than a flatter gift.
  4. The tissue paper I had a decent variety, and I was able to use red, green, and a combination of those two colors, as well as white. I wrapped all my presents and glued them on as I went. I also wanted something totally holiday, so I used some of the cup cake papers, two layers to make sure the box design didn't show through.
  5. Advertisement

6. The above photos show the details from top, bottom, and both sides. The little presents made for a nice contrast, as they were glitzy and the others were not.
  7. For each bow, I used the left over mini bows, And, cut down wire ribbon leaving the wire part off. Then I cut the edges off a glittered snowflake and put that in the center of one. The best thing about the "ugly back" of each present, is that once it's glued on, you will never see it. N-JOY!!
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts Christmas DecorationsJanuary 14, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-15 23:05:39 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️