Making a Scarecrow Costume

Category Costumes
An inexpensive costume can be a lot of fun. This guide is about making a scarecrow costume.

This is "Our Little Scarecrow" Tyler. His costume is homemade by me, his mommy. I took an old pair of overalls, some scrap material and a little creativity. My secret weapon was using an old hula skirt as his straw hair, stuffing, etc.

We used an old wagon we had in the garage, added some real hay, gourds, corn, and a store bought girl scarecrow. The only items I didn't have around the house was the flannel shirt. I picked up the shirt and the straw hat at a second hand store, together they cost me about $3.50.

I used a hot glue gun to attach the hula skirt to the hat and inside the cuffs of the pants and shirt. I added a few patches of material and then my adorable 2-year old.

Wow it was an awesome costume. This costume was very inexpensive and a whole lot of fun to make. I cant wait to see what we can come up with next year. I am so proud of our teamwork!

By Tonya from Lake Butler, FL

So cute. I love it.

Anonymous

So adorbable!

Very cute. One of the best costumes I've ever seen. Great job.

Very Cute! Great idea.