Making a Snowman Votive Candle
Decorating a glass vase to resemble a snowman is the first step in creating this cute votive candle holder. This is a guide about making a snowman votive candle
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a snowman that holds a votive candle. He is made from a frosted glass vase with a flared top. You could also use a clear glass vase in the same shape.
Total Time: about 1 hour
- 1 5 or 6 inch vase with flared top...clear or frosted
- 2 2 oz bottles acrylic paint: 1 in orange and 1 black
- 12 in Christmas ribbon
- 1 votive candle
- 4 X 4 inch square of light cardboard
- 1 small holly or poinsettia for trim
- 1 hot glue gun
- Paint just the flared top of vase with black acrylic and let dry. Also paint the cardboard square and set aside to dry.
- Paint the face, using photo 2 as a guide.
- Trim the corners of your 4 inch square to form a circle for the hat brim, then cut about a 2 inch hole in the middle. Slit it as shown in photo.
- Slip it into place at the bottom edge of the black section you have painted. Then tape the slit on the underside to hold it in place.
- Cut about 5 inches of the ribbon for his scarf and tie a knot in the middle. Hot glue just above the bottom edge of the vase to the side of the face.
- Cut a piece of the ribbon to size and hot glue just above the hat brim. Hot glue the trim in place.
- Drop the votive candle into the vase.
If you choose a clear vase, you may want to omit the votive candle and fill the vase with peppermints
In This Guide