Wedding Chair Cover Ideas

Category Decorations
Wedding Chair Covers
Beautiful decorations for a wedding can include covering the chairs. This guide contains wedding chair cover ideas.

Anyone who has thrown a semi-formal party or planned a wedding knows that chair covers are a huge cost. I'll let you in on a secret. Pillowcases.

I used white standard pillowcases and tied them back with tulle. The pillowcases can be bought in bulk at Sam's Club, saving you TONS of money. The possibilities are endless by simply changing the style and color of the ribbon tie-backs. These fit perfectly over the back of your average-sized folding rental chairs.

By cali's mom from Albany, GA

Very creative. This would also work for in the home, if you wanted chair covers.

No matter which type of covers are you using but if you decorate it properly it always look amazing..

How do you make a chair cover from a pillowcase?

By Debbie

You didn't say what type chair but if you're just trying to replace a seat of a dining room chair, that's quite easy. The seat unscrews under the seat and you can take off the original and use as a pattern.

I was hoping someone can help me find inexpensive chair covers and sashes. Our wedding is September 15, 2007 and we are on a tight budget. I need about 200. We rented a hall and we are decorating ourselves so any suggestions will also be very much appreciated. We do not have a theme but we will like the event to have elegance to it. Thank you.

Susan from New Jersey

Answers:

Inexpensive Chair Covers For Wedding

I would go to a discount fabric store, measure the size of material needed for each chair before. You can buy a full roll of fabric and cut the size pieces you need yourself. You can also buy a roll of satin to make the sashes or bows yourself. If you do this, make sure you spray each cut end immediately with starch or something so the fabric will not run. I have put on many weddings/parties, best advice is with decorations: bigger is better and cheaper than a whole bunch of small decorations or costly details. I have used large palm trees or other plants from home depot and placed flowers at base in the dirt for a nice large floor decoration. I hope this helps a little. (08/06/2007)

By Crystelc

Inexpensive Chair Covers For Wedding

My daughter just got married, and we found out you can do an awful lot with tulle (by the roll, 12" wide, can be found at WalMart) and ribbon! (08/07/2007)

By KLJohn

Inexpensive Chair Covers For Wedding

I don't know where you live, but in Ky. there is a factory where they make Diapers, and they sell the lining by HUGE rolls. I have seen beautifully decorated receptions using this lining draped and tied. I also saw chairs with it draped over the front and back and tied in a big bow. It is a really inexpensive way to decorate. Check to see if there are any close to you. The catch is you need a truck to get it home they are so big. (08/07/2007)

By Sharon, Ky

Inexpensive Chair Covers For Wedding

How about getting material cut to width of chair, and long enough to reach from floor in front, across seat, up inside back, and hang down outside back to floor? Tie inside and outside back together at seat level. If you don't want to hem all the way around, just run a thin line of fray, check all around. (08/07/2007)

By Sallie

Inexpensive Chair Covers For Wedding

We just did my daughter's reception and used tulle chair wraps with organza ribbon for chair bows. We staged them at the place we rented the chairs from (see the attached picture). I've put them all on craigs list - it got a tad more expensive than I had hoped (about $3 a chair when all was said and done). (04/21/2008)

By Ruth

RE: Inexpensive Chair Covers For Wedding

Does anyone know a place where I can rent cheap chair covers and sashes for my wedding. My colors are in the brown family. Everywhere I have looked it will cost me about $800 to cover chairs for my 160 guests, which is way past my budget. Please help!

Katina from Raleigh, NC

Answers:

Inexpensive Chair Covers For Wedding

First of all, let me say that if there ever was a "decor something to cut", this would be it. Visually pleasing, but completely useless. The money would be better spent on a honeymoon you will remember, cuz it's not something your guests will. Try eFavorMart.com. Good prices, Decent selection.

Good Luck! (03/04/2009)

By Dedeswrkshop

Inexpensive Chair Covers For Wedding

Try http://www.efavormart.com/ They have great stuff, reasonably priced :-) (03/05/2009)

By Oriente22

Inexpensive Chair Covers For Wedding

I don't know if I am too late, but check out http://bravobride.com and search linens and chair covers. I saw sashes for 89 cents ea there. Good luck! (05/16/2009)

By kaisse